Setting wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. Coldanni1

Coldanni1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Help for a newbie (HTC Desire), have followed the steps menu, set wallpaper, then select from photo. Says set as wallpaper but phone does not change, where am i going wrong please:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Coldanni1

Help, any body give me some guidance, phone will not let me set a photo as wallpaper even tho it tells me it has.....

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

I had this issue a while ago. The wallpaper is on the SD card, yes? You'll need to download a file explorer app from the market (I use this one), then use that to navigate to the image on the SD card. Then click the menu button, select set as, and go from there. It works that way, though I'm not sure why it doesn't doing it the normal way.

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

try doing it from both menu/wallpapers/photo, and the other method menu/settings/personalise/homewallpaper, sometimes only one or the other will work, think its a 2.1 bug

5. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

If he has the problem I had that won't work - They both just say they've changed it, but the background remains the same.

6. Coldanni1

Thanks for the replies guys, managed after much messing to view wallpaper as a photo and then set it from there as Phenomenological described. Not sure why I have to go this long winded route but got there in the end. Onwards with fully personalising apps with help from the thread " Show me your Desire". Cheers guys