• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SFB] Austrailian Atrix (people are using on Bell Atrix) - Just passing aloing the info

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I just found a thread on XDA claiming to have the Bell Atrix SBF and wanted to spread the love; I have the AT&T Atrix, so I have not tested this and I do not know if it works and/or could brick your device, so use at your own risk blah blah blah, but there are a few posts that say it has worked:D. I do not recommend flashing unles you are bricked and must. I just found this and wanted to share the love.

[EDIT] It looks like this is the Austrailian Atrix SBF so if you bricked your device, since you have no chance at a warranty, it may get you back a useable device. BUT since it is not the stock Bell Atrix SBF, do not flash unless you must!!!!

Here is the 1st thread I found:
[SBF] BELL Atrix updated firmware available here - xda-developers
and
Atrix u4_1.4.2 - xda-developers

For instructions, follow the AT&T giude here:
[GUIDE] Flash SBF to Motorola Atrix 4G - xda-developers

Please note, that since I do NOT have a Bell Atrix, I cannot answer questions about this, so if you have questions, you may want to ost over at XDA

Reactions: Roze and azazel
Apparenlty its the Austrailian SBF. I'll hold off. Apparently there was a guy who flashed with his Bell Atrix and it worked but it's not our stock. Still it's crazy to see that the Austrailian one was leaked...

Wow, ok, well that is not cool. I guess if you brick your phone since the warranty is toast, no harm in flashing to get back your phone. But I agree, don't flash if you still have the stock rom and am working

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones