• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] Return to stock & reset your flash counter

no you can, just wanted to warn you since mobile odin doesnt flash bootloaders and aosp roms have been requiring certain bootloaders on many devices due to compatibility

Gotcha. I would only flash this tar in the event that I had to sell this phone, which I might do since I plan on switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile also said they would buy the phone from me so I would prolly flash it for that too. Thanks for the help shabby

Upvote 0
Gotcha. I would only flash this tar in the event that I had to sell this phone, which I might do since I plan on switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile also said they would buy the phone from me so I would prolly flash it for that too. Thanks for the help shabby

I thought certain new phones run on T-Mobile network now but only in select cities. Isn't that how metro is able to sell the s4 and the different colored s3?

Upvote 0
I thought certain new phones run on T-Mobile network now but only in select cities. Isn't that how metro is able to sell the s4 and the different colored s3?

I am sure they do, but my wife is leaving att and its cheaper for us to do T-Mobile than for us to do metro. She has an iPhone 5, and she refuses to come over to android so I am stuck taking her to T-Mobile. You know what they say, happy wife happy life

Upvote 0
I am sure they do, but my wife is leaving att and its cheaper for us to do T-Mobile than for us to do metro. She has an iPhone 5, and she refuses to come over to android so I am stuck taking her to T-Mobile. You know what they say, happy wife happy life

Definitely. I'll actually be adding family to my plan soon, granted AT&T follows through. You can use an unlocked iPhone on metro in certain cities now. It's up on the main metro page.

Upvote 0
R530M (d2mtr)

LJ3 (MR update 1)
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/LJ3/R530MVQALJ3.tar

LJ1 (release firmware)
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/LJ1/R530MVQALJ1.tar

MB2 (Official 4.1.2 Release)
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/MB2/R530MVQAMB2.tar

MF2 (Premium Suite 4.1.2) thanks to hackler007
www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Samsung/Metro/R530M/Stock/MF2/R530MVQAMF2.tar

This tar will wipe your entire device. the only way they will know you were rooted is via download counter.

How to reset the flash counter

use triangle away for flash counter resets, its the only thing that woprks anymore

Credits for flash counter reset:
airtioteclint
edgeez25
averagewonder
and a very special big thanks to billard412 for helping me learn this stuff.

Thank you so much for having this stuff available! I replaced the vibration motor on the SGS3 from Metro last night and for some reason I lost the ability to make phone calls. I can connect to the internet and browse the web, but can't make or receive any calls or texts. I am going to try to flash it back to stock to see if this corrects it.

Upvote 0
I just used this method and cant get the phone off the metro boot. I was on the very original firmware and flashed the mf2 and nothing. What might I have to do to fix this issue

I had this issue when I tried using a different stock ROM. Make sure that you have the file in the PDA field with only Reboot and Time Reset checked. I haven't tried the ROM you were describing, but I can confirm that the LJ1 ROM from this post does work.

Upvote 0
I did it step by step. Odin said it passed and rebooted and will not get off the metro boot. Its prolly bootlooping but don't know how to get out of it on this phone. Im going to try and redownload it again and see what happens

Metro boot up screen sticks for two or three min u know it's about to enter home screen once bottom soft lights light up. I suggest waiting a maximum of 5 min just to be sure.

Upvote 0
0m6f.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Odin Keeps Failing. I've tried multiple times & with different .tar files as well. Every time I double click a .tar file, it opens with the yellow exclamation shown in the bottom center of the picture. Some direction please. I can boot into download mode, and I lost TWRP. So I'm trying to get back to stock.

Upvote 0
So I just wanted to go back to stock. My phone was not bricked or semi-bricked at all. I tried this method, but it kept giving me the "Fail" message on Odin. My phone said "do not turn off the target" (something like that) and guess what I did? Turned it off -__- Idk why I did it. I was just desperate. Now when I turn my phone on, it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I hold the power button for about 9 seconds, the phone restarts but goes back to that message saying to go through kies. Is there anything else I can do? Or is that it for my phone? :(

Upvote 0
So I just wanted to go back to stock. My phone was not bricked or semi-bricked at all. I tried this method, but it kept giving me the "Fail" message on Odin. My phone said "do not turn off the target" (something like that) and guess what I did? Turned it off -__- Idk why I did it. I was just desperate. Now when I turn my phone on, it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again". I hold the power button for about 9 seconds, the phone restarts but goes back to that message saying to go through kies. Is there anything else I can do? Or is that it for my phone? :(
redo the process, try a diff usb cable, diff usb port. odin is and can be a tricky program to "please"

Reactions: PRkid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones