Shack Rep told me NOT to format me SDcard

Last Updated:

1. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I asked him about formatting the card, he said to not do it, and told me that if I did it would ruin the phone and delete the software and apps.

I think he was confused, but not 100% sure.

Did anyone else ask this and get a response like above? I also watched him do the OTA update on some elses phone before he gave it to them. I haven't got mine yet since the system keep crashing etc, will be in there later tonight.

Also, has anyone clarified if the OTA update blocks root? I hope it doesn't.

Advertisement
  2. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I think the OTA update erases the root, but I haven't heard about whether it blocks it later one.

3. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

I formatted my card through the settings and also applied the OTA update. Everything is the same and I didn't lose anything.

Although I haven't tried putting anything on the SD card yet.

4. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

I formatted my card through the settings and also applied the OTA update. Everything is the same and I didn't lose anything.

Although I haven't tried putting anything on the SD card yet.

5. BlackDynamite

BlackDynamite Well-Known Member

What are the steps to format the card and perform the OTA update?

I just picked mine up (first Android phone) and already dropped it off at zagg to get the invisible shield installed. I want to do this as soon as I get it back though...

6. RandomDent

RandomDent Member

I completely forgot to ask my radio shack guys when I bought the phone this morning. But the Sprint rep was there and he didn't say anything about reformatting. Granted I still haven't been able to even turn on my evo b/c my number isn't ported over yet...

7. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Guys, stop worrying about losing root. It's not like you all can do anything with root access yet anyway. And the root devs will have this solved within days, if not hours.

8. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'd rather have the SD card issue fixed (if that is what the update does) and wait longer to have root.

9. apollooff320

apollooff320 Well-Known Member

remove Sprint's bloat apps that's what you can do. Install a lot of my apps that require root. Noobs can't do anything.