• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping notice?

I'm not a happy camper right now... I keep checking the site, but nothing. They don't even have a phone number you can call to find out what's going on.

Yea, it seems if you are going to sell a 'superphone' that you would have a higher level of customer service on the sales end. It would have been more satisfying to walk into a local T-Mobile store and walk out with a new unlocked phone than to feel like you just made a fairly large purchase that just went into the ether. Google clearly has some learning to do as a retailer.

Upvote 0
Again seeing this is there first retail day I wouldnt have a problem.... BUT

"If you buy it today youll get it tomorrow"
Was claimed during the press conference. If youre that careful to watch your mouth about multitouch you should be just as careful not to make empty claims.

This isnt a novel or a dvd. This is looked at as high end luxury item so Im surprised these notices didnt go out after the claims mentioned.

As others have stated if the future of celphones is waiting like a douchebag while your handset maker decided to email you or not people are going to be upset. Every other phone including Iphone you could just walk up to a storefront.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten their shipping notice that ordered the phone with the T-mobile contract? I'm wondering if the addition of the contract added an extra day to the shipping time.

I think someone earlier stated they bought the contract version and got shipment notice on that already...You may yet get a notification. As I just mentioned, i just now received mine for my 12:40 CST order.

Upvote 0
Just got my shipping confirmation, ordered at 12pm pst. I bet they have Fedex on hand all night for all the shipments. I've ordered stuff from Amazon before that didn't ship out til about midnight and I still got it the next day, same with orders from Zappos. If you haven't gotten your shipped confirmation you probably still have a couple hours for it to ship out today.

Upvote 0
It seems that the only people with shipping confirmations ordered before 12 noon PST..... Unfortunately that doesn't include me.

And not everyone who ordered before noon Pacific has received shipping confirmations. I ordered before 11:00 Pacific (I'm on the east coast) and still have no shipping confirmation, while a number of others who ordered around that same time have (and a number of folks report getting their confirmations within a few hours). Doesn't make much sense...

Upvote 0
Don't worry guys, I was just sitting here pissed off, mad at the world, and then I decided to refresh my Google checkout page 1 more time and BAM. My order shipped! This just happened about 2 minutes ago. I placed my order today at 1:11 pm CST.

Good news and I'm glad for you...you describe exactly how I've been feeling about this. I guess there is hope...

Upvote 0
Woohoo! Mine just shipped.

It really looks like they're progressively doing it by order time. Ordered an unlocked one at 1.40 CST (11.40 PT).

Weirdly, I didn't receive any indication that they'd charged my card before I got the shipping notice. It sounds like some of you guys got a separate, prior notification? Or were you just checking your online card statements?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones