• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping notice?

Guys getting phone calls for delivery on the 7th: Don't give up hope.

On the other forum, people who are getting these phone calls are calling FedEx and they're saying it's a mistake (because their system automatically calls and gives delivery date as the next day).

Use your tracking # (if it gives you one over the phone) or call FedEx to see when it's coming.

I haven't gotten a phone call yet, so I'm still stuck in lingo. :(

BTW: One more question for you guys getting the phone calls: Has your Google Order page been updated to "shipped" yet? Or does it still say "Not yet shipped"?

Upvote 0
Mine is sitting in a truck two blocks from my home at the FEDEX station, but I have to wait to be delivered.

Jan 6, 2010 7:53 AM
At local FedEx facility
NEW YORK, NYJan 6, 2010
5:23 AMArrived at FedEx locationNEWARK, NJJan 6, 2010
3:46 AMDeparted FedEx locationINDIANAPOLIS, INJan 5, 2010
8:12 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Upvote 0
ordered mine at 12:02pm PST got mine tracking conformation at about 2:30 pm PST. since it was signature required and I knew I wasnt gonna be home. I called fedex and had it held at location to be picked up. So on my way to work this morning I picked mine up at 830am EST. Mine is currently charging as we speak. I live in KY. Advice: I work for fedex I would advise to anyone to if you're not going to be home call before the trucks leave blg and get it held for pickup. That way you can get it at your convience.

Mine was unlocked, no engraving.

Upvote 0
ordered mine at 12:02pm PST got mine tracking conformation at about 2:30 pm PST. since it was signature required and I knew I wasnt gonna be home. I called fedex and had it held at location to be picked up. So on my way to work this morning I picked mine up at 830am EST. Mine is currently charging as we speak. I live in KY. Advice: I work for fedex I would advise to anyone to if you're not going to be home call before the trucks leave blg and get it held for pickup. That way you can get it at your convience.

Mine was unlocked, no engraving.

A Fedex employee in another forum said that we could leave a signed note for the Fedex guy to leave our package. Was that bad information?

Upvote 0
A Fedex employee in another forum said that we could leave a signed note for the Fedex guy to leave our package. Was that bad information?

Yes you can leave a signed note. If you have a garage or something have you them put it in there or something. If you have a good nieghborhood I would risk it, if not of course, dont do it. Its not worth it. If you miss delivery just go pickup it up. Also..Its up to the courier but with a sig req and you leave a note most will NOT leave it in a apartment complex hallway or something like that.

Upvote 0
Yes you can leave a signed note. If you have a garage or something have you them put it in there or something. If you have a good nieghborhood I would risk it, if not of course, dont do it. Its not worth it. If you miss delivery just go pickup it up. Also..Its up to the courier but with a sig req and you leave a note most will NOT leave it in a apartment complex hallway or something like that.

Great, thanks. Just one more question...

How soon after the deliver is the website updated reflecting delivered? I want to take a workbreak and retrieve it.

Upvote 0
I placed the order at 2:12pm EST and it has not shipped or I have not been notified. This is BS!

Also Google does NOT know how to run a store and should not have sold this phone.
1. They do not have a contact number. FAIL
2. When sending a question regarding your purchase, they send a stupid AUTO response which states that they will ship in 1-3 days. AN AUTO_RESPONSE? FAIL

If Google wants to open a real store, then they should call New-Egg for some pointers. Shopping there feels like 1995 online shopping.

Upvote 0
I placed the order at 2:12pm EST and it has not shipped or I have not been notified. This is BS!

Also Google does NOT know how to run a store and should not have sold this phone.
1. They do not have a contact number. FAIL
2. When sending a question regarding your purchase, they send a stupid AUTO response which states that they will ship in 1-3 days. AN AUTO_RESPONSE? FAIL

If Google wants to open a real store, then they should call New-Egg for some pointers. Shopping there feels like 1995 online shopping.

Chances are there was a card problem or you have not been charged yet, i find it highly un likely that EVERYBODY else here in the world is getting responses within a few hours and YOU aren't

I ordered mine yesterday at 2pm also, and it's arriving today at 3pm

the process itself was extremely smooth and fast, quick and to the point.

I want to buy cel phones using their system from now on it was super easy

Upvote 0
Chances are there was a card problem or you have not been charged yet, i find it highly un likely that EVERYBODY else here in the world is getting responses within a few hours and YOU aren't

I ordered mine yesterday at 2pm also, and it's arriving today at 3pm

the process itself was extremely smooth and fast, quick and to the point.

I want to buy cel phones using their system from now on it was super easy

Well to bad that you find it highly unlikely. My card is charged showing pending where pending means it will post soon. No problem with my card. And not EVERYBODY else has shipped within three hours. In fact MANY in this thread show waiting more than three hours. This is how my order went so I wanted to post it. Would you like me to lie about it?

Upvote 0
Well to bad that you find it highly unlikely. My card is charged showing pending where pending means it will post soon. No problem with my card. And not EVERYBODY else has shipped within three hours. In fact MANY in this thread show waiting more than three hours. This is how my order went so I wanted to post it. Would you like me to lie about it?

I never got my shipping "notice" until late last night. So yeah..

And pending does not mean that it's final, pending means just that... pending, it's still authorizing there might be something holding up the transaction who knows? if it's a bank card, call your bank

it doesn't mean that it's GOING to post, it just means it might "pending" anything that might stop it or get in it's way from posting.

Upvote 0
ordered mine at 1:37pm central time (unlocked, no engraving) . Still nothing for me. No tracking info or calls from Fedex. Still says not yet shipped on the Google checkout page. :(

Finally got a shipping notice. Shipping today, delivery by tomorrow (1/7) by 3pm. I guess I'll have to wait another day, but I have the day off today and was looking forward to having the Nexus One today. Now tomorrow will be a fun day.

Upvote 0
And pending does not mean that it's final, pending means just that... pending, it's still authorizing there might be something holding up the transaction who knows? if it's a bank card, call your bank

/quote]

Pending at my bank means the charge has come through and will post soon which means my card was charged and authorized. It simply does not show on my online statement until they batch load the days' debits/credits.

Upvote 0
I will also admit that i DID order mine literally like 10 minutes after the announcement and after i hit refresh on the page and the T-Mobile click button showed up...

So anyone who probably ordered a little after that is probably getting the delayed..

the thing is, you can't BASH the system based off these Weird situations which is what we have now that being the DAY it released...

that's why i'm here defending it, the phone just came out and who knows how many people put in orders to get one?

once it all dies down and everyone has there phones i bet if you're a normal customer just going to purchase it , it will be lightening fast and smooth for everyone once the fires go down.

right now the system is probably being backlogged or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones