• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should i do a factory reset on this phone

After reading the posts here that claimed it would increase battery life, I did a full reset recently. As all my apps, widgets layouts etc had been customized to my preference up till then, it did take a long time to eventually get everything back to the way i like it. But i have to say, the battery life IS better than before. So it's all worth it.
Back up as much as you can. Find as many backup apps as you feel are suitable for you, even if they do the same thing, as sometimes they dont fully work. (my sms backup app didnt work, but thankfully they were all on my HTC sense account, and re-synched itself)
I do advise keeping all your contacts on your google account too.

one negative thing. I have noticed the HTC Sense thing resetting itself a lot more. But i'm not sure if thats from the factory reset, or the recent firmware update.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones