Should I return or not?General

Last Updated:

1. jumperwire

jumperwire Active Member This Topic's Starter

My eris has that "scrolling to the left" thing. I have not other problems. Is it worth returning under my year warranty or it that just asking for other problems? (from what I have read about some returns) and will it happen again with another phone? Somebody mentioned the Chargers were the culprit while I read it could be a software problem?

I can deal with the scrolling left when plugged in, but that silent call thing would drive me nuts.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

its a hardware issue. ive had 2 replaced for the same reason. get a new phone.

3. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Yup get a replacement

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Ask for a Droid or DInc. I heard they were giving those out to a few people. It isn't policy, but it's worth a shot.

5. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

I negotiated a Storm 2 to a Droid Incredible on my wife's line. (Certified like-new replacement) That phone ended up having issues. Verizon offered another replacement but I negotiated out of my agreement with them.

Customer Service is not authorized to work with you on equipment replacements - you are always forwarded to tech support for assistance. If the rep you are working with is reasonable and all of the over the phone support options have been exhausted, they will help you. My case was extreme. Your mileage may vary.

6. jumperwire

Cool! Thanks. Now are you suggesting I call customer service, or take it to the Verizon store?

7. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Id try giving them a call first then taking it to a store if your not satisfied.

8. smacky

smacky Banned

Call them and tell them this is your primary line. You cannot call back from a "home" phone. It limits their options and expedites them to the more serious decisions. Hopefully it's a different, new phone.

9. jumperwire

Well I called today. We went thru the factory reset and so far it's working fine. I wonder if it will last?

10. smacky

smacky Banned

I think a replacement device would last longer than a reset. They did for me, but not for long.

I think when the hype for the D2 and DX dies down, you may have an easier time getting a different phone.

11. jumperwire

You are correct. New phone arrives tomorrow. :D

12. smacky

smacky Banned

Good deal.

13. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

after 3 Eris refurbs, I got free BRAND new incredible at the cost of opening a two year contract. keeping old Eris. making $150. Just bitch nicely until you ge your way. I;m on DInc number 3 in under two months.. two new one refurb.. they refurb is the best so far too go firgure... this phone is eris problems all over again..

14. smacky

smacky Banned

Once people understand HTC is shit....the Rwandan genocide will end. Every time you buy an Eris, a Rwandan loses a foot.

Oh yes, I went there. Not Rwanda. The situation there.