• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I return or not?

jumperwire

Nov 24, 2009
NC
My eris has that "scrolling to the left" thing. I have not other problems. Is it worth returning under my year warranty or it that just asking for other problems? (from what I have read about some returns) and will it happen again with another phone? Somebody mentioned the Chargers were the culprit while I read it could be a software problem?

I can deal with the scrolling left when plugged in, but that silent call thing would drive me nuts.

Ask for a Droid or DInc. I heard they were giving those out to a few people. It isn't policy, but it's worth a shot.

I negotiated a Storm 2 to a Droid Incredible on my wife's line. (Certified like-new replacement) That phone ended up having issues. Verizon offered another replacement but I negotiated out of my agreement with them.

Customer Service is not authorized to work with you on equipment replacements - you are always forwarded to tech support for assistance. If the rep you are working with is reasonable and all of the over the phone support options have been exhausted, they will help you. My case was extreme. Your mileage may vary.

Upvote 0
after 3 Eris refurbs, I got free BRAND new incredible at the cost of opening a two year contract. keeping old Eris. making $150. Just bitch nicely until you ge your way. I;m on DInc number 3 in under two months.. two new one refurb.. they refurb is the best so far too go firgure... this phone is eris problems all over again..

Upvote 0
after 3 Eris refurbs, I got free BRAND new incredible at the cost of opening a two year contract. keeping old Eris. making $150. Just bitch nicely until you ge your way. I;m on DInc number 3 in under two months.. two new one refurb.. they refurb is the best so far too go firgure... this phone is eris problems all over again..

Once people understand HTC is shit....the Rwandan genocide will end. Every time you buy an Eris, a Rwandan loses a foot.

Oh yes, I went there. Not Rwanda. The situation there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones