Should I return?

Last Updated:

1. absolutpolack

absolutpolack Member This Topic's Starter

I get 4-6 hours of charge on the battery tops. I turned off wifi, brightness, gps, all that and was still losing 10% charge about ever half hour. Was not using the browser or anything, just some random small apps like soundboards and some minor texting (about 100). When i plug it into my comp, it doesnt charge and it charges really slowly through the wall. Takes about 2-3 hours for a full charge. Did I get a lemon? TIA

Advertisement
  2. jclake

jclake Well-Known Member

Turn off your Droid, pull the battery for 30 seconds. Re-install and then turn your Droid back on. I was having horrible battery experience. Then my Droid locked up. I did a battery pull and now my battery life seems comparable to what I had with my iPhone 3G.

3. Christine

Christine Active Member

Sounds like a lemon to me. I am still playing with mine all day at school (multiple apps, I leave GPS on all the time) and even at the end of my 12-hour Wednesday I still had 50% power left.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I just finished charging my battery after letting it die. It took an hour and a half to get 100% charged. I was using it while it was charging to send some text messages as well.

5. absolutpolack

I retried the battery pull but i did it last night just out of curiosity to see the microsd card and what the battery looked like and it still drained the battery fast last night. Its weird it wont charge on the laptop. Just plugged it into the wall, gonna see how fast it charges this time. Ill give it a few days probs till wed or thurs and if the battery doesnt improve Im definitely exchanging it.

6. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

return it. had the same problem. just return it and make sure you get a 42/09 unit at least.

7. absolutpolack

Whats a 42/09 unit? And is there a way to check that myself?

I just looked under my battery and it says 42/09...

8. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I would just go to a local VZW store and exchange the battery. When I first got my Droid I was worried about the battery and my local store told me they had them in stock and would do this (even though I bought my Droid at Best Buy). My battery turned out great so I never did it.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

week / year it was assembled.