• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should we expect a release date tomorrow?

Anyone think that this will get pushed back again to avoid the ipad2 hysteria that I think takes place on the 2nd. If they were planning on the 3rd, this release will be overlooked by the media as they are all pleasuring themselves with the idea of another Apple product.

Thats why the better do it soon. If its gets pushed back for an apple product I will be very pissed

Upvote 0
expect NOTHING at this point. while i still want the phone, i have come to terms with the fact that VZW is intentionally keeping us in the dark about it. any piece of information they provided would have gone a LONG way. they know this has gotten out of hand, yet they refuse to comment. let me put it this way:

you walk into a restaurant, the waiter describes a delicious dish and takes your order. every 2 minutes, he returns to tell you how great your food is going to be until you finally ask him "when will my food arrive?" at this point he responds "i have no information about your food". sure, he could instead say; "your food will be ready in about 5 minutes" or "your food was delayed because the kitchen is backed up", but, by verizon's rules, the first response should be completely acceptable since the waiter has no way of knowing EXACTLY when your food will arrive.

what kind of customer service is that? you hyped the product, you let people order it (at least at Best Buy), and now, all of the sudden, you have "no information" about it. if ANYONE here experienced the above scenario in a restaurant, i guarantee you would not stand for it. why should it be ok for your cell phone company?

Upvote 0
expect NOTHING at this point. while i still want the phone, i have come to terms with the fact that VZW is intentionally keeping us in the dark about it. any piece of information they provided would have gone a LONG way. they know this has gotten out of hand, yet they refuse to comment. let me put it this way:

you walk into a restaurant, the waiter describes a delicious dish and takes your order. every 2 minutes, he returns to tell you how great your food is going to be until you finally ask him "when will my food arrive?" at this point he responds "i have no information about your food". sure, he could instead say; "your food will be ready in about 5 minutes" or "your food was delayed because the kitchen is backed up", but, by verizon's rules, the first response should be completely acceptable since the waiter has no way of knowing EXACTLY when your food will arrive.

what kind of customer service is that? you hyped the product, you let people order it (at least at Best Buy), and now, all of the sudden, you have "no information" about it. if ANYONE here experienced the above scenario in a restaurant, i guarantee you would not stand for it. why should it be ok for your cell phone company?

great analogy.

i would get up, leave, and yelp the **** out of that restaurant

Upvote 0
I bought the Fascinate. I even bought it later than most. ABout 3 months later. I was thinking, Hey i shouldnt have to wait as long for the update now. That update took MONTHS! F'n ridiculous. I then saw the Thunderbolt and decided i was going to make the switch and give my girl the Fascinate. Now this BS! I have no luck. Think i will get a FLIP PHONE!

Upvote 0
if you don't like the way Verizon handled things leave, I'm sure they could care less about 1 person. Verizon gave a release date of Q1. if verizon had told anyone a for sure, without a doubt date, then it would be publicized and not coming from best buy or some Verizon employee

Actually I dont have a phone at the moment. And also when you say Verizon doesnt tell you EXACTLY? Wtf is that. They havent said anything about anything. Its bad business. And also when you are out of contract like I am its not hard to switch.

I don't believe it is law for verizon to communicate about a new product they are working on correct? as far as it being bad business, the only people who will care are people on these forums who worked themselves into a frenzy over release dates that never even came from verizon.

Upvote 0
Actually I dont have a phone at the moment. And also when you say Verizon doesnt tell you EXACTLY? Wtf is that. They havent said anything about anything. Its bad business. And also when you are out of contract like I am its not hard to switch.

That's the thing. Verizon hasn't said anything about anything. It's their product. They can choose when to release info and when not to. It's not bad business at all. It's good business, they don't wanna rush anything. People have to be patient. Yeah, suppose they rush the release just because a bunch of you guys whine and cry and the phone isn't ready for the network or it has a bunch of bugs. Then you guys will be singing the tune of "Why did Verizon release this piece of crap!!! What happened to testing a product?!!"

Upvote 0
Don't expect it tomorrow, the weekend or Monday. I put my name on their web site for email up dates on both the iphone and the TB. I was sent a notification about a week or so before the iphone was released and would expect the same with the thunderbolt. There must be some problems out there. They are running commercials for phones they can't sell, so the commercial time must have been purchased with a 14th or 24th or whatever date. Something has run amuck. I am thinking it is with the network or the phone interface with the 4g network. Just speculation, but I think the phones are made and sitting somewhere waiting to be shipped until the problems are ironed out. I am sure the last bit of publicity they want after running all those commercials is a phone that won't work as advertised.

They had big problems with the Dinc when released, not enough stock and then bad parts pushed availability back and frustrated a lot of people. Yes we are all frustrated here but we are but a small fraction of the market. Most sane folks would just wait for their call :)

Upvote 0
I am sure the last bit of publicity they want after running all those commercials is a phone that won't work as advertised.

Good point. See the Atrix for that story - great phone, no 4G service. If the Thunderbolt comes out on the 4th with Skype, NetFlix, and full blazing LTE, I'd be happy. Having said that though, TBolt's window is closing fast. Samsung LTE, LG Revolution, and then the Tegra2 powered Bionic are all in the wings for Verizon.

Upvote 0
The last phone I pre-ordered was the iPhone 3GS (I was working for apple so sue me) and at least I knew in advance when the phone was shipping and when I'd receive it weeks if not months in advanced. I'm not sure Verizon's reasoning for their approach, but I find it to be a turn-off when considering this phone. If the 4G data plans are higher (I was told by different Verizon reps that it wouldn't be higher thus an expectation has been set) then it will definitely get me to cross-shop competition.

Reactions: HTCThunderbolt
Upvote 0
Verizon Reps?

Nope, not a Verizon rep. I'm neutral to both Verizon and the consumer. I myself have a Droid 1 (on my 4th one with a faulty power button) and can't wait to ditch this phone for the Thunderbolt. But i also realize that worrying every other hour whether or not the phone is coming out today is just silly. My Droid 1 still makes calls and i can surf the internet, so it's whatever. As soon as folks get their hands on the Thunderbolt, 2 months later, they'll be anxious over the next "new" thing. Just as anxious as they were to get their current phone that they are ready to ditch for the Thunderbolt.

Upvote 0
i got come good info from a online chat with best buy mobile take a look! FYI: took my name out because i dont wanna show it to pubic

Kimberly:
Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile! My name is Kimberly and I'll be more than happy to
help you out with any questions you have today. Just so you know, this chat will be
monitored and recorded for quality purposes. Now to start off, can
I get your email address and telephone number so that I can further assist both of us today?
7:51 PM :
hello i would like to have some details on the htc thunderbolt
7:52 PM Kimberly:
I would be happy to give you some details on it, how can I help you?
7:53 PM :
could you give me a release date and pricing? ive been looking to get this phone for a while and really want it soon
7:54 PM Kimberly:
I can let you know that with an upgrade the phone is going to be 249.99, but they have not given us a release date yet on the phone.
7:54 PM :
will it be this month? can you give me a timeframe?
7:55 PM Kimberly:
I am so sorry I would love to be able to give you a time frame for the release date, but verizon has not given us any date or time frame as to when we can release the phone.
7:56 PM :
so do best buys have the phone but just cant release them yet?
7:56 PM Kimberly:
yes that is correct.
7:57 PM :
ohhh ok thanks for the help! looking forward to the launch!
7:57 PM Kimberly:
You are welcome, is there anything else that I can help you with?
nope that will be all thanks

best buys have the phone!

Upvote 0
i got come good info from a online chat with best buy mobile take a look! FYI: took my name out because i dont wanna show it to pubic

Kimberly:
Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile! My name is Kimberly and I'll be more than happy to
help you out with any questions you have today. Just so you know, this chat will be
monitored and recorded for quality purposes. Now to start off, can
I get your email address and telephone number so that I can further assist both of us today?
7:51 PM :
hello i would like to have some details on the htc thunderbolt
7:52 PM Kimberly:
I would be happy to give you some details on it, how can I help you?
7:53 PM :
could you give me a release date and pricing? ive been looking to get this phone for a while and really want it soon
7:54 PM Kimberly:
I can let you know that with an upgrade the phone is going to be 249.99, but they have not given us a release date yet on the phone.
7:54 PM :
will it be this month? can you give me a timeframe?
7:55 PM Kimberly:
I am so sorry I would love to be able to give you a time frame for the release date, but verizon has not given us any date or time frame as to when we can release the phone.
7:56 PM :
so do best buys have the phone but just cant release them yet?
7:56 PM Kimberly:
yes that is correct.
ohhh ok thanks for the help! looking forward to the launch!
7:57 PM Kimberly:
You are welcome, is there anything else that I can help you with?
nope that will be all thanks

best buys have the phone!

the user jayishere who works for best buy checked the stock across america and no one had the phone :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones