• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Since 2.2 call interface update, I cannot enter numbers while mid call!

I am not sure if this has been addressed (searched, couldn't find it), though I imagine it is happening with others so I am not sure what the deal is!

Since updating to 2.2 recently, my phone interface when calling has gotten worse. It has the add call, hold, mute and speaker buttons on top of the number, so I cannot see who is calling. It also overlaps the bottom part.

That is not that bad, it is more preferance. The real problem is that I can not bring up numbers while in the middle of a call. This makes calling automated numbers, or more importantly, my voicemail, an obvious pain in the butt.

Has anyone else come across this? If so, how did you deal with it? Is there a button I am missing? Or a new phone interface I can download?

Thanks!

I had the same problem last week. It only happened with incoming calls twice. Instead of the Green (Accept) Red (Decline) buttons i usually got, i had about 4 buttons come up, speaker, mute and a few others, covering the image of who was calling.

It hasn't happened since.

Just wandered if this was something to do with being in a place where there's no T-Mobile signal and it was using Orange??!?!

Upvote 0
And i cant get my numpad up while calling wich is really annoying when calling a switch board that demands that you tap some numbers before you get to a real human. Is really not good. So, if you find a way to get the call interface ok again, please pleade don't hesitate to post a sollution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones