• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SiriusXM No Longer Working over 3g?

I've had my EVO 4G for a little over a week and have not yet been able to connect over 3G with the sxm app. After about 1 - 2 minutes of trying I get the error message "Unable To Acquire Data Connection" each and every time I try. It does however capture the pad data. Never had this issue on my iPhone over 3G so I'm thinking they need to tweak the android app.

Upvote 0
I found a solution that seemed to have worked. This requires that your EVO be rooted. Results may vary dependent upon what kind of down speed you are getting in the area you are in. The instructions can be found at the following link.

HTC EVO 4G: Fix Music Streaming And (Maybe) Boost Your 3G Speeds With A Simple Hack | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Shoot, just noticed that you have a Droid X. Well, maybe this info will help someone out there with an EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones