• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SixAxis and Modern Combat 3

lotus49

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Yorkshire
To those of you who are fans of the Call of Duty series on the PS3, have you tried the combination of Modern Combat 3, a PS3 controller and SixAxis? If not, you should.

You can use the PS3 controller to control lots of games ranging from emulators to FPS. I have been successfully playing MC3 using my PS3 controller and, while it's not Modern Warfare 4, it's pretty cool.

I created a SixAxis profile (attached) for MC3 on the Xoom. I cannot guarantee that it will work for you, but it works well for me. You may have to play with the sensitivity a bit as that is very much down to personal preference. If you do, don't forget that you can adjust sensitivity in both MC3 and SixAxis and you may have to play with both to get it just right. The controls in the attached profile (which I have tried to keep as similar to COD on PS3 as possible) are as follows:

Left analogue move
Right analogue look
R1 fire
R2 throw grenade
R3 melee
L1 aim
L2 detonate
L3 sprint
Triangle switch weapons
Square reload
Start pause
Power resume (from screen you go to when you pause)
Circle crouch

I haven't played the game all the way though so new buttons may be required that I haven't encountered yet. If you find any problems like that, let me know in this thread.

Otherwise, it all works well on my Xoom.

Have fun.

Attachments

• Modern Combat 3.zip
    381 bytes · Views: 810
I didn't mention in the OP that you should configure MC3 to use the classic control layout.

I should warn anyone using this profile on a device other than the Xoom may experience differing results. I made this profile after trying one I found for a phone (SGS2) and it didn't work at all. The control positioning may be screen resolution dependent.

Upvote 0
It has just occurred to me that I'm running a beta version as I had a problem with the most recent version in the market as well.

The developer (who is very helpful) pointed me towards the beta which works very well. I suggest you contact him and ask him about the problem you are having and offer to test the beta. I haven't permission to send it to you myself and since it's a paid app, I'd better not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones