• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skyrocket LCD screen flickers OFF after split second

Nperez1986

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hello ladies and gents,

I figure I would ask some pro's at this sort of phone to assist me. I had this phone since JUNE 2012. I had the LCD screen replaced in NOV 2012 since it cracked. The phone was perfectly fine until yesterday, when I had to restart it since it started to freeze (which would normally happen 50% of the time...to be honest, not a huge fan of this phone anymore).
SO when I restarted the phone, I noticed, the first SAMSUNG logo just flickered barely, the next one, had a 8-bit color looking logo (this also occurs when the green battery shows up when charging). I hit the power button, since I don't see the AT&T screen at all. On the login screen, I hit the power button, the screen flickers to life for a split second, where you can see the lock out screen, and shuts off the screen almost immidiatley afterwards. The touch screen actually still works!! You can hear the buttons being pressed and I actually was able to log in, while LCD was pitch black, so I can receive incoming calls if I guess where the ok button is at.
Could it be a loose connection of the LCD screen to the "motherboard"?
When I plug in the charging cable to the phone, I'm lucky if I get the lock out screen to actually stay on, except the contrast is higher and the touch screen ability is lost when this is done, yet you can see the phone "working" just fine in the back ground.

Defective screen? Maybe just a simple loose connection of the cable? please help :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones