• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS issues lately on Evo

handler313

Android Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2010
So the last few days I have noticed that when I get sent multiple messages by one person (one message broken up into multiple) the messages get broken up in real strange ways. First of all, a counter seems to show up (0001/0002) and I cannot seem to find a setting to turn that off. This is both in Handscent and the stock message app. It is ugly and annoying. (though I can deal with it if it is just how it needs to be now)

The other issue though is ridiculously annoying. My friend sent me a message that should have only been 3 texts based on the amount of characters. Both the stock and Handscent have broken them up into 7 messages some of which are only like one line long. It makes reading them hard and once again it looks horrid.

Has anyone else seen any issues like that? Anyone know a fix? This doesnt make the phone unuseable in any way but it is something I want fixed. It showed up a couple of weeks ago and nothing seems to help. I can't find a setting for it in either app, battery pull didnt help. I have not updated to Gingerbread but I have updated everything on the market because I plan to soon.

Thanks for your help in advance.

You're not alone! This is happening on mine as well (Samsung Transform). I'm using the plain SMS that came with the phone. This has been happening to a great amount of people, I googled "How to fix 0001/0002 on Sprint". Sprint's only solution is to factory reset your phone, this however only worked for 30 minutes and started again. Call and complain, maybe they'll start working on it.

It also splits 2 texts into about 7. Each has 15-20characters, so they're not going over the 160character limit. Very annoying to read.

Upvote 0
This has nothing to do with the update, this is on Sprint's end. It is affecting other phones as well. And yes, it is ridiculously annoying...
It hasn't affected my device.

Have people checked to see if their devices are up to date, then tried clearing the message cache and restarting to see if that clears things up?

Upvote 0
Ok this is getting way worse, I just got a text message that was like 10 messages long that at best was the length of three...it is causing the phone to go haywire. Is there really no fix for this at all?

I plan to root my phone later this week, are any of the ROMs out there experiencing this problem or is it only stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones