• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I bought a Coby tablet....

ambelamba

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
I wanted to buy a tablet to use as a media player, and I was looking for a cheap tablet to play around. If I had more money I could buy an....ipad, but I wanted to stay away from Apple products for a while.

Well, originally I was thinking about buying a Samsung Android Player. But I changed my mind and I picked up the last Coby MID-8125 from Fry's Electronics. I came home and hooked up the tablet with my PC.

Now what?

The tablet fails to detect micro SD card when it's connected to the PC by USB cable. I don't know why. And I wanted to install Rock Player, which I downloaded from the web to my PC. The tablet has ES File Browser, but it's useless to me. If I copy a file to the tablet using Windows, then what? I can't find them from the tablet file browser. This android tablet thing is very new and alien to me.

So far I installed VLC player (pre-alpha) from applslib.com. Beside that, I have no idea how to use it. So...I would greatly appreciate it if someone please enlighten me.

Either tablet or PC can access the tab's storage, not both to the same time.
So if connected to the PC via USB cable the PC sees the tab's storage.

Unmount the tab's storage on PC (like an USB stick) and disconnect the tab. Then the ES File Explorer on the tablet will see this files which you copied on the tab's storage.

The ES also can install the apps as .apk files which you copied on the tab's storage :)

EDIT: ... the issue with the SD card:
Look at the Settings for someting like ".. connect to the PC as disk drive ... "

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones