• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, I FINALLY did it... SGH-I717UCLE2 (ICS 4.0.4)

So after a few days of running this rom, I have to say I am still getting the bluetooth audio issue. I connect my note to ford sync in my car, and play some podcasts through it. Around a half hour into the podcast, the phone seems like it crashes, but comes back within 10 seconds. I get disconnected from the bluetooth, and the battery life meter resets. A minor inconvenience, but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yeah Im new to Android and had updated to ICS with the 1st or 2nd build that was out and reverted back...I've just decided to wait till official release. I had an issue to with the battery life too and then noticed my 4G was RUNNING nonstop...which I found out my work email that is through exchange was just running nonstop

Upvote 0
I strongly recommend to owners of the ROGERS SGH-i717R to not attempt to install the UCLE2 (ICS4.0.4) which Talderon posted.

IT WILL SOFT BRICK your device and the only solution is then to navigate to the XDA Developers site and go to the "Stock Original Official I717r Rogers Note Firmware" page.

I'm a consulting Tech to Rogers, I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I flashed the ICS 4.0.4 leak and have had great results with it. Battery Life is the same as GB, GPS works great, no problems with reception. The problem I am having with the leak is it seems like once a day or so my phone will either reboot on it's own. Very annoying when I am listening to my music through bluetooth in the car. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Mine is also randomly rebooting by itself. I would guess a few times a week that I know of.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I ended up using ADW EX Launcher again since I prefer to have landscape on constantly and it fixed the home button issue. I'm really amazed at how much better every single thing about the phone is with ICS. Every app, that I use at least, is better. It's smoother and every bit of ghetto that was in Gingerbread is gone. Also I can't wait to use Android Beam for something.

You guys enjoying this as much as I am?

Upvote 0
OK I caved. Tired of waiting for AT&T to even comment on when ICS is coming, so I took the leap.

That being said, the way my luck goes, AT&T will release it tomorrow :p

Getting used to the different features, but I can say I like it so far. I'm running the OnlyOne Rom.

So far, no Ice Cream Headache. :beer:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones