• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So is anybody happy about the changes Sprint is making?

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    You know I the more think on this the more I'm convinced that I simply don't need or even want a smartphone anymore.If I keep Sprint beyond contract expiration,what I'll do is switch everyone back to dumbphones,drop to the lower priced message plan(no data).Actually I'm the only one out of 4 lines on my acct. uses really uses data so I have just come to realize I'm simply don't want to pay anyone more than I have to.
    Technology makes electronics cheaper over time.Towers & related equip.was pd.for long ago for 2&3G and to be honest I'm not interested paying for their 4G that will likely never come to my little ole area anyway.
    So I guess this is where I get to say I'm gonna stick it to the man,and save some money in the process,I really good about it too.

Reactions: RoboMonkey
    Upvote 0
    The changes have to happen. Sprint is bring the iphone 4 to the network. The above changes are need to support the iphone 4. Sorry, but they have to do what sells, and the iphone sells. As for the changes, it was going to happen. Technology is not getting cheaper, it is actually getting more and more expensive. It cost 10x the amount of money to produce the same type of product as it did 10 years ago. Rare earth minerals are through the roof. Company are becoming patient trolls, forcing you to pay up to 3 dollars per device just so you can connect to email. The amount of items that are need are exceeding the ability to make them. A phone that cost 500 dollars here can not sold for more then 100 dollars in most parts of asia, even though it take 250 dollars to make it. Am I happy about the changes, no. But I understand why they are need.

Upvote 0
    i caught that too... what.. iphone???

I hope that is not the big Feb 7 announcement. so disappointing.
    I personally.. am not interested in the iphone. and if that is the cause for higher prices and lost of benefits.. that is a total **** us (android users). they willing to make android users pay more .. so that they can get iphone for the others???

OP.. NO I am not happy about the changes.. but I understand the changes.. for economical reasons.
    but if it is for the iphone!!!!! i can see the shiit is going to hit the fan.. and get everyone stinky!

Upvote 0
    I dont work for the carriers, so I don't know 100%. But every signal time I turn around and ask someone how would know, they give me that look. It is kind of the elephant in the room right now. The question is simply where verizon gets the iphone 4. Then sprint and verizon gets the iphone 5. Or if sprint is stuck with the iphone 4 while verizon get the phone 5.

All roads point to a iphone 4/5 on sprint, by mid-summer. There is zero reason for apple not to do it, now that they got the same phone for verizon. I think eieio called it right. I think sprint has a huge release coming on the feb 7, not only a the iphone but a whole bunch of new androids.

Remeber, this is speculation. The iphone will come to sprint. All signs point to sooner rather then later.

Upvote 0
    I hope that is not the big Feb 7 announcement. so disappointing.
    I personally.. am not interested in the iphone. and if that is the cause for higher prices and lost of benefits..

Please no cursing. There is another reason for the changes, and I am not allowed to tell you. But I will say this, you will agree to it in a heartbeat, just need to understand what wimax really is meant to do.

I would never own a iphone. I have co workers that hate them. I played with them, and personally, a phone is a tool, not a diamond. You can stare at a diamond/iphone all day, does not make it useful. Android is a tool, it may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she CAN dance.

Reactions: dan330
    Upvote 0
    Please no cursing. There is another reason for the changes, and I am not allowed to tell you. But I will say this, you will agree to it in a heartbeat, just need to understand what wimax really is meant to do.

I would never own a iphone. I have co workers that hate them. I played with them, and personally, a phone is a tool, not a diamond. You can stare at a diamond/iphone all day, does not make it useful. Android is a tool, it may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she CAN dance.

thanks... hope it will make us all feel better about all the changes...
    bring better service to all sprint users.
    make us feel that we still have the best deals ...

Upvote 0
    I don't think she was confirming it. But it does seem like all roads are leading there.. I think we will see one before the year is out..

In fact I see a Wimax model being built before a LTE one..

Did anyone notice they removed the Iphone comment from the EVO ads?

That's what everyone has been saying but I actually just saw the ad with the iPhone comment. If you look close, they left the comment on the original EVO commercial but cut it for the one that has the EVO Shift at the end. I'm sure they just cut it for time.

Upvote 0

If it is something that wimax is meant to do, why affect non-wimax phones? The sad part is Samsung Moment is a bad device. Samsung realized it and the device is EOL in October 2010 without fixing known issues. If one tries to even exchange it for another non-wimax device, the $10 fee will be added to the bill or just suffer until the end of their 2-year contract. :thinking:

Upvote 0
    Them adding $10 a month to all smartphones is something that was easily seen coming. It's only $10. Which most of us android sprint users already pay. A comparable plan on VZW is at least $20 more a month still for a single line. Sprint also has truely unlimited data unlike the other carriers. People who are willing to pay the etf and switch to another company is crazy and hasn't really done much math.

Reactions: RoboMonkey
    Upvote 0
    That's what everyone has been saying but I actually just saw the ad with the iPhone comment. If you look close, they left the comment on the original EVO commercial but cut it for the one that has the EVO Shift at the end. I'm sure they just cut it for time.

I dunno... but why would they cut that part?? its perhapse the hardest hit of the commercial.. if it were a time concern, i would think they would clip another "priase." Also, i just did a YouTube search... cant find that commercial on there at all anymore. It was originaly posted by Sprint... they musta pulled it all together? interesting.

Upvote 0
    Somehow, I don't think Sprint will get the iPhone that quickly. AT&T had an exclusive agreement on the GSM version. I suspect Verizon will have a similar lock on the CDMA version for at least a few months.

I could be wrong. If I am, I better upgrade my phone now, before the stores get overrun by iPhone people.

You're wrong. Verizon doesn't have an exclusivity period with the iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones