• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so......when are we getting 2.0 or 1

I'm trying to figure out if you are a bigger hater or a bigger liar, it doesn't even matter because both are bad.

Let me clear up all of your lies:

There are no released Samsung phone as of today with an OS higher than 1.5. They are not holding it from us, they just haven't updated anyone!

If you want the source code, it is available, and has been since about 2 days after the N1 release. Google releases the software to the general public, and in some cases with certain partners a bit earlier.

The Moment is rumored to be getting an update, if I had a nickle for every Android rumor I heard, I could have bought a N1 by now.

If you want an updated OS, go work on compiling it yourself. People are very sick of your constant lying and bs.

For the record, my B2 flies with TW (minus a bunch of OEM apks), and after the new battery trick, it lasts the whole day, no problems!!

Let me clear up your life. Your opinion is just that...YOURS. You don't rock my world and have no power here...POOF. BEGONE. You are late to this game and we have already covered your "late breaking information"

Common Sense: If a manufacturer has announced that they are releasing a phone with 2.1 OS - What does that mean? Quick before your brain freezes! - It means that they HAVE it...all Samsung branded and ready to roll out. And since they haven't released it, what does that mean? C'mon, c'mon...quickly! Time is passing! It means that they have chosen not to release it to us. I am talking about the Official release to end users...not code to developers. DUH. You're late. We all know that we can download code, root and toot. (and void your warranty) :rolleyes:

Read the posts. FOLLOW THE THREADS. Get a clue. Go away. Remember, reading is fundamental. And do understand that I was chatting with people whom I know from this forum... BTW, many of the SB2 owners here have rooted their phones and they fly! It has been discussed daily without name calling, by intelligent people (which excludes you). I don't know you nor care to. And you know what you can do with your flying B2, right?

And next time, don't just jump in without reading preceding threads so that your ignorance won't keep tripping you up. Nice to meet you. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Let me clear up your life. Your opinion is just that...YOURS. You don't rock my world and have no power here...POOF. BEGONE. You are late to this game and we have already covered your "late breaking information"

Common Sense: If a manufacturer has announced that they are releasing a phone with 2.1 OS - What does that mean? Quick before your brain freezes! - It means that they HAVE it...all Samsung branded and ready to roll out. And since they haven't released it, what does that mean? C'mon, c'mon...quickly! Time is passing! It means that they have chosen not to release it to us. I am talking about the Official release to end users...not code to developers. DUH. You're late. We all know that we can download code, root and toot. (and void your warranty) :rolleyes:

Read the posts. FOLLOW THE THREADS. Get a clue. Go away. Remember, reading is fundamental. And do understand that I was chatting with people whom I know from this forum... BTW, many of the SB2 owners here have rooted their phones and they fly! It has been discussed daily without name calling, by intelligent people (which excludes you). I don't know you nor care to. And you know what you can do with your flying B2, right?

And next time, don't just jump in without reading preceding threads so that your ignorance won't keep tripping you up. Nice to meet you. :rolleyes:

Wow, parents are letting 12 year olds get phones? LOL, #fail, FTW, O RLY?. I know 133t interweb tricks too!

You just proved my point, Samsung has never formally announced any upgrades, only Sprint has mentioned it. And if you are so smart, how is your Windows 8 running? Microsoft announced it this week, but they are "holding it back from us" I guess. My copy is awesome, I even dual booted it onto my B2 with MacOS, Microsoft finally has a winner, too bad they are holding back on us!! (This was intended for the simple mind of one particular reader.)

Let me lay it out for your simple mind, Samsung may have 2.1 for future phones, but obviously it is not a final version. Maybe that is why you do not have it yet.

And you are right, people on this board know you, and know that you contribute nothing but hate and lies, which is why I spoke up for them.

Please go back to your iphone so we don't have to deal with you. Do you really have that much free time to just come here to bash a phone?

Upvote 0
Alright guys, things have grown beyond the original intent of the thread. So before the mod shuts things down, please take your little tiff outside.

Have a nice day :D

Yati back off. I don't have a tiff. I simply don't run from bullies.

Whoever this fool is (he's too stupid to read a profile to see what kind of phone a user has), needs to get a clue and a brain. But the Wizard is in Oz so...he's out of luck. I'm done, they are on ignore.

Now, have a nice day! :D

Upvote 0
I'm new here but im going to say it like this...

If we get an update, yay! If we dont, then boo, enjoy the phone for what it is. After all, YOU did buy it. You are the only person to blame if you end up not liking what you paid for. Thats why you can google information and reviews and such.

I'm pretty confident that we'll get an update. Be it 1.6 or 2.0/2.1

Life is a waiting game. "Hurry up and wait" they say. So relax, if an update is coming, its coming. If not, its not. It will arrive when it does. =)

Upvote 0
I'm new here but im going to say it like this...

If we get an update, yay! If we dont, then boo, enjoy the phone for what it is. After all, YOU did buy it. You are the only person to blame if you end up not liking what you paid for. Thats why you can google information and reviews and such.

I'm pretty confident that we'll get an update. Be it 1.6 or 2.0/2.1

Life is a waiting game. "Hurry up and wait" they say. So relax, if an update is coming, its coming. If not, its not. It will arrive when it does. =)

calm down lol, it is coming, all we need to do is make a custom kernel, which I am working on right now! Then once the 2.1 is created from gaosp - Project Hosting on Google Code then we can easily flash it!!!:D

Upvote 0
Yes it is great compared to most cell phones, but technology is continually changing and we just want to keep up with It.

And in addition to your comment: Most people paid for their phones and therefore have a vested interest. Most people understand that you have a right to updates to keep your phone stable and current. If your hard earned money is spent upon an item be it a phone or otherwise, you have a right to expect that item to perform to its specifications. If not, then you have recourse remedies that can be taken. Or at the very least you can come to forums of this kind to discuss your issues with people who may be able to help.

I tire of fanboys who think that everyone must drink the koolaid, no matter what your user experience.

While I love my SB2, it is unstable at best, due I'm told to issues of OS 1.5. Yesterday, I missed an entire day of calls because all my calls were rerouted to voicemail or my callers received an announcement that I had traveled out of range. I was at home all day! I didn't find out until last night when a relative finally reached me to let me know that she had been calling me all day long. When the phone finally rang, it was sitting where it had been all day. I have covered other instability issues (freezing screens, dropped calls etc) of my SB2 in other posts.

I am hoping that the official update will address or eliminate the problems that I am having. It isn't simply wanting the "latest and greatest" OS, it is a desire to have a high-end phone perform as promised. Mind you, the SB2 was the top of the line and not heavily discounted, (sold at $229 and not the current $79.99) when it was purchased in December of last year. As such there was an expectation of performance.

Upvote 0
While I love my SB2, it is unstable at best, due I'm told to issues of OS 1.5. Yesterday, I missed an entire day of calls because all my calls were rerouted to voicemail or my callers received an announcement that I had traveled out of range. I was at home all day! I didn't find out until last night when a relative finally reached me to let me know that she had been calling me all day long. When the phone finally rang, it was sitting where it had been all day. I have covered other instability issues (freezing screens, dropped calls etc) of my SB2 in other posts.

While yes I have had the reboot/crashes which seem to happen when I get a txt msg or dont get to the msg fast enough and let it continue to notify me(never had the sd card issue), I've never heard of anyone else having call quality issues. Something I read in another thread, could be your sim card is old. If you drop by a store, they can check it for you. I know when I got the phone(in a store) they swapped my sim card because it was old. Or you just happen to live in a dead zone, which would suck big time.

But I patiently wait for the update(official or not).

Upvote 0
While yes I have had the reboot/crashes which seem to happen when I get a txt msg or dont get to the msg fast enough and let it continue to notify me(never had the sd card issue), I've never heard of anyone else having call quality issues. Something I read in another thread, could be your sim card is old. If you drop by a store, they can check it for you. I know when I got the phone(in a store) they swapped my sim card because it was old. Or you just happen to live in a dead zone, which would suck big time.

But I patiently wait for the update(official or not).

Hmmm... Sim card. At this point, I'll try almost anything that will work, LOL. Thanks for the info! Now, about those force closes, stuck screens and dropped calls... I guess that will have to wait till the update. :)

** I think it is the announcement of the new phones that are debuting with 2.1 that has people in an uproar of sorts. And the news of another Sammy phone getting an update didn't rest well either Sprint rumored to update Samsung Moment to Android 2.1 starting Feb. 22 | Android Central. You figure that a phone (SB2) which was their top of the line would be one of the first to have news of such an update... We wait.

@Shawn1224 - Speak right up! :D

Upvote 0
Right now I'm semi-satisfied with the galaxy ROM since it is performing at an optimal level; no lag, force closes or constant reboots. If and when Samsung does decide to graced us with an update, I'll be more than happy to lay off the smack talk.

BTW - No voice search on galaxy ROM is a bit of a turnoff.

btw: google, voice search, and install it through astro!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones