• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update to 2.30.707.1

IrHalim

Lurker
Oct 3, 2011
Dear all,

This morning i receive an update for software to 2.30.707.1..my current software is 2.12.707.5 android 2.3.3 ....It is anyone who already update the HTC IS to this software updated..It is solve the sms delay problem? i afraid to update because maybe more problem is coming after updated..This happen with people in world when update froyo to gingerbread.:(.Hope your fast response for this..

Well after the last system upgrade my phone was useless. I finally got it sorted by going to HTC office and they reinstalled the software (flashed the phone) and I was good to go.

For last 2 months phone has been going OK.... but wireless signal could/should be better.

Now this morning I get the same message about another new upgrade...to 2.30.707.1 but I am VERY reluctant to install after my previous experiences...

WOuld love to hear from other people....

ALso what is the update supposed to do?

Upvote 0
Hi All,

See this thread for more details: Solution fix 2.3.3 update sms delay

I've been running 2.30.707.1 for about a week now (Asian ROM). The install was pretty smooth. Downloaded the OTA via USB and hit install once done. It restarted the phone three times (from memory) and sense took a little while to come back up (probably just as long as after fact reset). Overall it was pretty painless.

I can report it did fix the SMS delay issue :D (SMS arrives < 1 minute all the time).
It also fixed the missed call problem when the phone is asleep :). From testing via land line calls connect much quicker than before both asleep and awake.

New apps as far as I can see are Dock Mode (yes there was dock mode before, but now there is an app to launch dock mode) and Flash Player Settings.

No issues to report other than Vietnamese IME wanting to update through the Market. Apparently the update isn't stable and should not be installed for those ROMs that shipped with Viet IME Keyboard (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.drbrain.android.vietnameseime&hl=en).

I have noticed that the Weather doesn't seem to update all that often in the main HTC clock widget and frequently it has been saying that there is no data for my area. Oh well... at least its a phone again!

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have update my htc incredible s to software version 2.30.707.1 few days ago. The update fix the sms delay but new problem seem to be floating out.

Problem 1:
After the update, the phone automatic restart. I check everything even the sms delay thing, sound, ui change and etc. All looks ok. Up until past 3 days when i restart the phone again, all when hay-wire. No more sound. Only when call speaker phone is on and htc intro music. Radio, media, ringtone, notification and etc sound all gone. I check my setting. All the same.

Problem 2:
Each time people call you or you make a call, the speaker phone will automatic turn on. That prove my phone speaker is not broken.

Problem 3:
Car panel will automatic turn on when i turn off the display. WTF???

Anyone have solution!!! please help me!!

Don't believe me. After update to 2.30.707.1 try restart again after few day of use.

Upvote 0
@jozerffer, @MissMuffitt

I can confirm there may be a problem with random resets. I've had two resets since installing the update three weeks ago. One was 4 days ago the other was an hr ago. From what I can tell it was when I was in a 2G only coverage region using mobile data. Both occasions my phone had switched over to 2G. Once was while I was using the Facebook App, the second was in my pocket while driving. I'll try and narrow it down next time it happens. Occasionally HTC Sense will crash and the desktop will need to reload.

Hmm as for the other two, no such issues as yet. I did have that speaker phone on issue with an update of GoSMS Pro. However, they quickly sent a patch out that fixed the problem (within 24hrs). Have you recently installed any new updates / other apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones