• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

**SOLVED** ad hoc wifi tethering problems

I use an LG Marquee to tether my N7 with the built-in tethering app, though to make that work, I have to access the LG hidden menu and set extend modem to no...

My lg esteem does not have hotspot option or if it does its disabled, I've used any cut before to access network settings, I've seen lg hidden menu before, could you explain how to get hotspot and how to use lg hidden menu please.

Upvote 0
Reactions: nypdauxx
Upvote 0
Somewhere in your hidden menu should be either "DUN NAI" or "Extend Modem". Set this option to "No".

There's also something I read somewhere about setting something like ro.properties.tether.deny to "false" in build.prop.. It's in that thread I linked you to. That build.prop mod together with the WiFi tether app should get you into infrastructure mode :)

Reactions: Mauiphatz
Upvote 0
This attachment is what I see

Attachments

• screenshot-1344821511532-1.png
    screenshot-1344821511532-1.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones