**SOLVED** ad hoc wifi tethering problemsGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-08-13 05:24:33
  1. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

Has anyone figured out a way to get the nexus 7 to connect to ad hoc hotspot. It connects to normal WiFi but when it comes to WiFi tethering from my phone it will not even detect the connection in the list. Any ideas???

Advertisement
  2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

It works flawlessly with my LG Connect. I suspect that it is more an issue with your phone than the Nexus. You might try re-posting in your phone's board. Some hotspot apps work better with certain phones.
  3. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

I am using lg esteem 4g also from metro like your connect I've use wireless tether app and open garden
  4. DC IT

DC IT Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with my Galaxy Note LTE once I activate the hotspot.
    Both my N7 and BB Playbook can detect and connect to it automatically once it's set up.
  5. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

So what do you guys think the issue is?
  6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

What app are you using to tether? I use the built in wifi hotspot with my GNex and it works just fine.
  7. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

Ive used WiFi tether 3.1 beta 14 and open garden pretty much no wifi tether app works with nexus 7. My phone is rooted lg esteem 4g, but other devices see my phone like Xbox 360 etc, but not the nexus 7.
  8. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Well-Known Member

That is what I mainly use because it seems the most reliable on my Connect, but the stock wifi tether also works.
  9. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

I use an LG Marquee to tether my N7 with the built-in tethering app, though to make that work, I have to access the LG hidden menu and set extend modem to no...
  10. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

My lg esteem does not have hotspot option or if it does its disabled, I've used any cut before to access network settings, I've seen lg hidden menu before, could you explain how to get hotspot and how to use lg hidden menu please.
  11. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

I am not sure how to solve this pretty much sucks no more Gameloft games on the go cause they require stupid license check on every startup, I need to find out the issue here also if there is a USB wired tether to tether my phone to tablet with a wire.
  12. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

There's like 12 lg hidden menus lol which one?
  13. Jay Aristide

nypdauxx likes this.
  14. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

I don't see that choice I see a lot of hidden menu but not the one from our post, I see one says lte DM mode
  15. Jay Aristide

Somewhere in your hidden menu should be either "DUN NAI" or "Extend Modem". Set this option to "No".

There's also something I read somewhere about setting something like ro.properties.tether.deny to "false" in build.prop.. It's in that thread I linked you to. That build.prop mod together with the WiFi tether app should get you into infrastructure mode :)
    Mauiphatz likes this.
  16. Jay Aristide

Add the following line to /system/build.prop

ro.tether.deny=false

And then install "hotspot widget". If that doesn't work, try the latest beta of wireless tether for root users from code.Google.com
    nypdauxx likes this.
  17. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

This attachment is what I see

Attached Files:

18. Jay Aristide

Iunno, then. The best I can say is try all the hidden menus until you find the one that has Data Settings in it. They're two different phones, but they're both LG so they should be relatively similar internally
    nypdauxx likes this.
  19. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

Using wireless tether I changed device profile to a lg phone, I choose lg optimus s or lg marquee then under setup method choose soft tap. Change channel to auto and your done, your nexus 7 will find your device. Goodbye ad hoc...
  20. Jay Aristide

Glad you got it working, man :)
  21. nypdauxx

nypdauxx Active Member

Thanks