• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some flashable tweaks (Init.d, V6SuperCharger) CWM date/time hack

Yoinx

Android Expert
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia, USA
*Notice* These are not going to be maintained anymore. I've started a new thread where the tweaks are all rolled into 1 zip then the recovery image is in another.

Alright, so here's a couple flashable zips. I didn't make the tweaks/mods in these... I simply made them flashable for ease of re-applying between rom flashes. If there's some issue with me doing this, even though I am giving proper credits, let me know. I'll remove the links.

Hopefully someone out there finds these useful. They *should* all work. I know they flash and the phone still boots... but since I already have them enabled, I can't tell for sure until the next time I flash a new rom. :p

Universal Init.d Support
Dev-Host - enable_init.d.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

The hacks for this are borrowed from the script by Ryuinferno @ XDA 2012
If this helps you, make sure to give him thanks at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32716412&postcount=2

V6SuperCharger script and a couple binaries it uses.
Dev-Host - v6supercharger.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

All credit for this script go to zepplinrox at xda, you can find all the information at: http://goo.gl/IvGL1
a couple notes. Once you flash this script you need to install 'Android Terminal Emulator" from the play store, or use adb (as root) to run the script. in either adb or terminal emulator issue "su" then "sh /system/xbin/V6*" and follow the prompts. Once you configure the script it saves your settings to your sdcard and will prompt to restore them if you run it again after flashing a new rom. I personally use the 768hp settings and hardtokill launcher. There's also a couple toward the bottom to zipalign on boot and such that I enable.
V6SuperCharger does require that init.d is enabled.

Disable Capacitive Buttons backlight
Dev-Host - Disable_Buttons_Backlight.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

What is there to say about this? I couldn't find a method of disabling the blindingly bright backlight on our buttons that would persist through reboots. I ended up just making a simple init.d script to do it. Btw. this requires init.d

*edit*
I'm also adding a modified CWM image and init.d script (simply a loop that writes the time to a file every 30 secs). Borrowed and modified from here. I've test it a few times and my CWM date/time is being set correctly. But I won't provide detailed instructions until some other power user types report that it's working... if anyone's brave enough to try. This only works if you reboot from your rom into recovery. If you have to force boot to recovery it will only be able to set the time to the last time your rom was running the script portion. Either way, you'll still end up with incremental dates.

CWM Image
Flashable Zip for the rom side script

i have been using these tweaks

here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2158329

they have helped me a ton in pacman rom and cm10.1 roms, lot better performance, and slightly better battery life, i would highly recommed these also

Just reading over what you linked.... I would have no desire to use that. It disables all logging and kernel sleeps. I'm not sure how you manage to get better life out of it tbh.

For the previous post. Enabling init.d doesn't directly get you any performance increase. It just runs scripts in the init.d directory. By default they're all blank.

The other tweaks in pimp my Rom are great too.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So far, it makes AOKP much less laggy. I'm about to install it on Pacman and see how it does. This sounds lame, but I really don't have the patience to go through that whole supercharger script again. lol

If you've ran it once it does your settings somewhere on the sdcard. When you run it it will prompt you to use your stored settings. It takes a bit but watch for the prompt

Reactions: PrinceCorwin
Upvote 0
I'm having an odd issue. Flashed the zips using CWM and when I go to reboot to warns me about possible flashing back to stock recovery. I figure that's because the .jar it put on the recovery partition right? I selected to have cwm ignore it and reboot. The it hangs at the CM boot animation... Any help would be great. Can't get any logs because the only way I can get the device not to hang is to restore or flash the ROM.

Using CM 10.1 nightly 20130421

Have got the device to reboot successfully with just flashing the init.d zip it just seems to hang after the superchargerv6 zip

Upvote 0
I'm having an odd issue. Flashed the zips using CWM and when I go to reboot to warns me about possible flashing back to stock recovery. I figure that's because the .jar it put on the recovery partition right? I selected to have cwm ignore it and reboot. The it hangs at the CM boot animation... Any help would be great. Can't get any logs because the only way I can get the device not to hang is to restore or flash the ROM.

Have got the device to reboot successfully with just flashing the init.d zip it just seems to hang after the superchargerv6 zip

Weird. Might be because I used Pac Rom to patch the framework

Upvote 0

I have the same issue on AOKP.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue on AOKP.

Aokp I can't explain because I'm using it on akkp right now.

Just curious did you both do super clean and restart from the script? Wipes dalvik and cache. If you didn't you'll have issues.

You could go to the link provided and try applying the tweaks by hand and see if it works like that.

Upvote 0
Aokp I can't explain because I'm using it on akkp right now.

Just curious did you both do super clean and restart from the script? Wipes dalvik and cache. If you didn't you'll have issues.

You could go to the link provided and try applying the tweaks by hand and see if it works like that.

Just tried it again, yes I wiped dalvik and cache, phone still won't boot.

Upvote 0
Just tried it again, yes I wiped dalvik and cache, phone still won't boot.

Ok but which zip did you use? I'll take a look at that one individually. My v6 one I deleted a few files just to be safe. Still need to reupload that one though.

It could be the init.d one. I'll double check it.

The backlight one I know wouldn't cause that.

Upvote 0
Ok but which zip did you use? I'll take a look at that one individually. My v6 one I deleted a few files just to be safe. Still need to reupload that one though.

It could be the init.d one. I'll double check it.

The backlight one I know wouldn't cause that.

Just the V6 one. Was able to get the Supercharger to run from XDA, was having issues with the Jar Power tools, will mess with it more later.

Upvote 0
Just the V6 one. Was able to get the Supercharger to run from XDA, was having issues with the Jar Power tools, will mess with it more later.

Yeah, it could be the framework in it. Go into the zip (in windows using something like 7zip) and delete the framework folder. I suspected including a patched services.jar may cause problems...

Upvote 0
Updated the OP with a couple fixes.

my init.d zip wasn't making /system/etc/init.d it was making /system/init.d. - fixed
V6supercharger portion won't add a modified framework anymore. just the script and a couple binaries it uses to clean dbs and zipalign.

I added a modified CWM and a simple script that needs to be added to init.d on the rom. I made it a flashable zip for the script for ease. The CWM needs to be flashed by hand. I won't provide details on doing that yet. It worked fine on my phone, but I'd like to hear back from others.
What this does is writes the time to a file. When you reboot to recovery it sets CWM's date/time to the date/time in that file. Simple enough. However, I know a lot of people get iffy about flashing recoveries. As I said, this worked on my phone. YMMV. If it works for a couple people, I'll provide some directions, or a script or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones