• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some questions please

n0rr15

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
Personally I think this phone kicks ass!
I do have a couple questions that I havent been able to figure out and I did search but couldnt find answers..

1) Can I get rid of applications that came with the phone i.e. Nascar, NFL, and other things I will most likely not use. I tried in applications, but uninstall is not an option.

2) Are the ONLY applications that work on this phone found on the "Android" site? Or are there apps that can work as long as they follow some sort of developmental guidelines? Nutshell - can I get apps elswhere?

Thats all I have for now, thanks in advance for any help you could give!

1) Not sure, never tried uninstalling preinstalled apps. There are a few programs on Market for uninstalling perhaps one of them could uninstall the apps you want taken off.

2) You can install apps other then from Market. It's quite a simple process. You'll need to have HTC Sync installed on your computer, then on your phone, in the Settings - Applications Menu tick the box for "Unknown Sources."
(There are two other ways of doing this, read here How to Install APK files on your Google Android Phone)
The next bit is very tricky, finding apps that aren't on the market. I have no idea how to find them. You can try and search google/torrent sites for .apk files but other then that I couldnt say where to look for un-Market apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones