• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Someone wake me up!

M

Markerton

Hi all.

I'm going to cut straight to the point. I need an alarm app for my HTC Wildfire as the default one failed to go off this morning, resulting in me being 90 minutes late for work. I've no idea why it didn't go off ... but it annoyed the girlfriend and I to no end.

Now, the other criteria is that it needs to be free.

Since Google stopped allowing the use of Maestro cards on the Market I can't purchase anything (my bank are sending me a Visa card as we speak).

Everyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Much loves.

Mark

Piss. I do.

The only reason I installed one is because my battery life started dying at around 1 day, whereas before it was lasting a good 2-to-3 days!

Off goes Advanced Task Killer then.

How do I get the alarm to start sounding again? Just get rid of the task killer and it'll be fine? Or re-set the alarm.

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Upvote 0
Get rid of the task killer then reboot and you should be fine - though maybe smart to set an alarm for like 2mins time and check it goes off as it should.

PS. Task killers are a waste of time, in some cases they even worsen battery life. Tasks running in the background either are doing nothing, and hence killing them is pointless - or they are doing something, in which case you probably don't want to kill them otherwise that something wont work.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your help! Really do appreciate it.

I've uninstalled it and just rebooted the phone. I honestly had a feeling that the task killer was the culprit.

I've never used once since I've had the phone but thought I'd give it a try and see what the difference is.

Again, thank you for your help! I'll be sure to stick around the forums so I'm not one of the annoying 'one-post-wonders'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones