• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sound help please

chunker

Jan 26, 2014
I installed HBO Go on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and it installed and works ok. However I get no sound at all, just the video. I tried the same Go on my home pc and the video and sound work fine. I checked the sound on my Android and it is all the way up. All other apps (music player, etc) work fine. It is just with HBO Go that I get no audio at all. Can anybody give me some idea of what may be wrong? I notice that on my pc version, the Go player has sound controls. The android tablet version has no sound controls, but my android sound bar opens at the top of the player and it shows all the way up. Any help would be appreciated.

Tried the uninstall and reinstall. Nothing changed, still no audio. It also seems to now have trouble loading the video portion, buffering and then have to shut it down. It becomes unresponsive. Uninstalled it again. Just for the heck of it, I turned on NHL game center and that works great, high quality picture and high quality sound. It must be the HBO Go app that just doesn't seem to work. I still can use my account on my pc but really wanted it for my mobile. Thanks for your suggestion.

Upvote 0
Just can't seem to get it working and see where a lot of people have trouble with that app. I am on high speed cable connection (50MBS) and a WiFi connection. It all works great on my pc and everything else is wonderful on my tablet. It has to be that app. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they upgrade it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Reactions: amarie82
Upvote 0
and he told me it is a known problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab 4's. So, I guess I'm not alone on this one? He also told me they are working on a solution with HBO Go and will come out with an update when available. I left the HBO app on my tablet in hopes that it will someday be updated automatically. Just wanted to pass this information along to others who might be in the same boat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones