• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound problem in Xiaomi Mi9

JJOkita

Lurker
Sep 20, 2019
I've noticed a problem which I belive is being caused by my Smartphone but I'm not entierley sure.

The problem itself is pretty weird, Whenever I plug my headphones into the device and try to play music, it plays quite lower than what it should play, but if i touch the Tone volume a bit (even if I don't actually change the current tone), after a second or two, it starts to play the music as normal.

From what I've tried it seems that it's not nay aplication that is causing this problem (Since I've already tried a lot of Music Player apps and the problem still persists), but it seems that even if I use other aplication, still uses the equalizer that's set on the original Xiaomi Music

Also the problem isn't in the headphones, since i've tried them in other devices and they works just fine, but to clarify, my headphones are a Jack port, so im using the USB-C converter that comes with the device, which may be the cause of this problem, but since I'm not entierly sure and I don't want to buy another converter/USB-C headphones until i know where the problem is, so by the situation, I think it seems to be the case that the problem it's being caused by the USB-C converter or the Xiaomi music app Sound effects.

Edit: Also I've notice that this problem doesn't happen on other audio/video players such as youtube or my searcher (I'm using Opera by the way)

Last edited:
I've noticed a problem which I belive is being caused by my Smartphone but I'm not entierley sure.

The problem itself is pretty weird, Whenever I plug my headphones into the device and try to play music, it plays quite lower than what it should play, but if i touch the Tone volume a bit (even if I don't actually change the current tone), after a second or two, it starts to play the music as normal.

From what I've tried it seems that it's not nay aplication that is causing this problem (Since I've already tried a lot of Music Player apps and the problem still persists), but it seems that even if I use other aplication, still uses the equalizer that's set on the original Xiaomi Music

Also the problem isn't in the headphones, since i've tried them in other devices and they works just fine, but to clarify, my headphones are a Jack port, so im using the USB-C converter that comes with the device, which may be the cause of this problem, but since I'm not entierly sure and I don't want to buy another converter/USB-C headphones until i know where the problem is, so by the situation, I think it seems to be the case that the problem it's being caused by the USB-C converter or the Xiaomi music app Sound effects.

Edit: Also I've notice that this problem doesn't happen on other audio/video players such as youtube or my searcher (I'm using Opera by the way)

So the problem is just with Xiaomi Music app then? Maybe there's a bug or issue with it, that Xiaomi needs to fix? Have you checked for updates with the Xiaomi Music app

Upvote 0
So the problem is just with Xiaomi Music app then? Maybe there's a bug or issue with it, that Xiaomi needs to fix? Have you checked for updates with the Xiaomi Music app
Already tried it, but that didn't fix anything, even other music players give me the same result, and since even if you use other music player the device still uses the Xiaomi Music app ecualizer, i thought about disabling the Sound enhancer, but that didn't change anything.

Upvote 0
I found the solution after trying some wire and wireless headphones in a store, it seems that the USB-C cable itself may be the problem since it's converting the audio signal from the jack analogic to digital, but with the wireless on, i've noticed something off, it seems that the Xiaomi equalizer it's not active when the wireless headphones are on, and I've been having this problem when i installed the last MIUI Update (which is MIUI Global 10.2.30).

So if you're experiencing this kind of problem I suggest trying other USB-C brands (since the one that comes with the device it's the one causing the trouble) or either trying wireless headphones, which have their pros and cons over the wired ones like draining more battery with bluetooth on or having to charge the headphones but sometimes the wires might get on the way or be quite annoying.

Otherwise this may be a problem of the last MIUI Update so maybe the will fix this issue with future versions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones