• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker not working on htc Desire...

On my second day of having my HTC Desire the music would play but nothing would come out the speaker, it would play through headphones tho. It did this after i set a track off the memory card as the ringtone?

I took the memory card out and put it back in, then gave the speak a bit of a rub with the back off and it seemed to kick start it again! Sound came out a bit funny at first but then righted it self after I tapped it gently! Not ideal this soon in to having it but its workin again so can't knock it!

Reactions: nind876
Upvote 0
On my second day of having my HTC Desire the music would play but nothing would come out the speaker, it would play through headphones tho. It did this after i set a track off the memory card as the ringtone?

I took the memory card out and put it back in, then gave the speak a bit of a rub with the back off and it seemed to kick start it again! Sound came out a bit funny at first but then righted it self after I tapped it gently! Not ideal this soon in to having it but its workin again so can't knock it!

I tried this and it worked!! good work!

Upvote 0
This happened to my desire after I dropped it. I took out the battery and restarted the phone and the loudspeaker worked fine again. The battery isn't very secure inside the phone - it just slides in and out - so I think it's prone to shift. Maybe this will help some of you out.... and explain why gentle tapping got results.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones