Speaker not working on htc Desire...Support

1. councilface

councilface New Member

Hi, in the last week the speaker has stopped working. I have tried a soft reset a full reset but with no joy. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

Obvious answer, but have you checked your volume is up on the side button?
  3. councilface

councilface New Member

Lol! Unfortunately, yes I have tried that. I think it happened during the last firmware update...
  4. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

Worth a try. We do have some numptys on here who wouldn't have checked.
  5. councilface

councilface New Member

Yeah, so I see. Looks like this has only happened to me then. I guess Will take it back to the Orange shop ; (
  6. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

Phone orange on 150 and see if tech can help.
  7. councilface

councilface New Member

Will do mate, cheers.
  8. dawalker

dawalker Member

Just a thought, i installed an air horn, pointless but fun, and that stopped the speaker working, wouldnt play music, alarm didnt go off in the morning etc.

have you installed anything that could do the same?
  9. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had the same problem. Had to send it back to HTC to be fixed
  10. jcastle

jcastle New Member

On my second day of having my HTC Desire the music would play but nothing would come out the speaker, it would play through headphones tho. It did this after i set a track off the memory card as the ringtone?

I took the memory card out and put it back in, then gave the speak a bit of a rub with the back off and it seemed to kick start it again! Sound came out a bit funny at first but then righted it self after I tapped it gently! Not ideal this soon in to having it but its workin again so can't knock it!
    nind876 likes this.
  11. nind876

nind876 New Member

I tried this and it worked!! good work!
  12. Swalastova

Swalastova New Member

This happened to my desire after I dropped it. I took out the battery and restarted the phone and the loudspeaker worked fine again. The battery isn't very secure inside the phone - it just slides in and out - so I think it's prone to shift. Maybe this will help some of you out.... and explain why gentle tapping got results.