Spirit ownersGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-03-12 23:03:44
  1. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's on the phone.

Advertisement
    alfick3, sammyz and GameTheory like this.
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

3. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

I got it 3 days ago. It's cool. I do sincerely miss my Esteem. I had gotten used to the bulkiness of the Esteem, made me feel more manly and I didn't have to be as careful. Other than that, the Spirit is 10x as fast, screen's a little bigger and I get ICS! Such a great deal for half the price of the Esteem/Connect/SG3.

I love the phone and I can finally play Shadow Gun (a 3rd person shooter that strongly favors my favorite game series; Gears of War!).

No complaints. And the battery life! Oh emm gee! lol
  4. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

My only real complaint out of the box is the power button placement. Its really freaking annoying. I'm constantly hitting the thing.
  5. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

I'm really itching to buy this phone but I want to wait until it has root. I won't buy a phone if I can't root it.
  6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Feast or Famine.

And on the dang Motion, with a case on, ya gotta WORK at the dang button! :rolleyes:

Also, for now anyway, there are hardly ANY cases for the Spirit yet either.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

True that :p
  8. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

this phone is to allegiant for a case, I'd like just a bumper for it.
  9. OcalaFlGuy

Unfortunately, they don't look Near As allegiant with a spiderwebbed screen...

:eek:

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I hate spider webs!!!! As well as spiders :rolleyes:
  11. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

gorilla glass baby no cracking, this isn't the iPhone
  12. OcalaFlGuy

I'll bet you read that on them innerwebs dintcha? :D

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Seeing that the iPhone also has Gorilla Glass...............
  14. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

It's a lie, never believe apple;)
  15. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

The iPhone 5 does not have gorilla glass. It's not listed anywhere on their site under specs, and if you do a search on their site for gorilla glass it comes up empty.
    Apple - iPhone 5 - View all the technical specifications.

It's said that apple uses their own glass which they claim is stronger than gorilla glass (doubt that).

You can google this subject all you want, but all you'll get is speculations.

Now enough talk about apple. Sheeesh :rolleyes:;)
  16. santia213

santia213 Well-Known Member

Case+Holster+Screen
    ^I bought this off of ebay for mine. Much cheaper than at the metro store.

Amazon Bundle
    ^Amazon also now has cases and bundles like the one in link.
  17. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I want the charging dock, but I'm not paying 60 bucks
  18. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I agree with ya there. Although, didn't the Esteem have a dock as well? How much was it? Also, I plan on getting a case for my Spirit, and that would mean I'd have to take it off to put it on the dock. A case is more important to me; gotta protect it if I accidentally drop it.
  19. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

+1
    Your right... A case is the way to go. If this phone drops, it will go !BOOM! lol
    [​IMG]lg spirit 4g case | eBay
  20. OcalaFlGuy

I noticed on one of the Fleabay ads for a Spirit case last night that it said, "compatible with the ZTE Avid". I wonder if the reverse is true too? :confused:

As far as I can tell, there are only 2 basic designs out now for the Spirit. I really like the 2 piece hybrid cases and there isn't one for the Spirit yet. There is one that's Says hybrid but it also says 2 pieces, a top and bottom, which doesn't sound like the real 2 piece hybrid cases.

IF the Avid cases fit the Spirit and vicee versey...

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  21. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

Yes i have the dock for the Esteem, I'm not sure how much it is now, but when i first got the Esteem the dock was 30 bucks.

LOL to lazy to take the case off to put it in the dock? Joking.:rolleyes:

The Spirit is built pretty solid for being a thin phone, I think it can take a beating.
    alfick3 likes this.
  22. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I didn't know it was only $30. Did that include a spare battery? According to the Metro Web site the Spirit dock includes a spare battery.
  23. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

yes it did, I got it from a metro authorized dealer. I've been all over and no one has the Spirit dock yet. Not even the metro corporate store:mad:
  24. santia213

The one i bought holster and case said avid but i believe it was a typo since pics showed the spirit. I get mine delivered monday.
  25. santia213

My phone dropped it no go boom. Lol good thing my case is on the way just in case.