• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sprint $18 Device upgrade fee?

teknagen

Jul 9, 2010
Socal OC
Just got my first Evo bill and was charged $18 Device Upgrade Fee? I was told I wouldn't receive activation fees or any other upgrade fees for being premier member.. is that true?

Everything Data - 450 Anytime Minutes Included $69.99
Premium Data $10.00
Total Equipment Protection - $3 insurance premium & $4 service/repair $7.00
Employee Discount Sprint 25% -$17.50
Device Upgrade Fee-1 Unit $18.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.42
Government Fees & Taxes $0.55

Total Due by September 05 $99.46

YMMV. I am not a premier member. When I called a Sprint rep about EVO and confirmed that he won't charge me any activation fee I went ahead and told him to make a note of it on my account and ordered EVO over the phone. But it did show up on my bill and so made a couple of calls and they credited it back to me. I am intrigued with your charges and taxes ;). Mind sharing which city, state do you live in?

Upvote 0
Guess I'll have to try calling again... SIGH... not even sure if it's worth the hour of my time to try to save $18... definitely YMMV here...depending on the rep you get...

I got my EVO at BestBuy and my girlfriend got hers at RadioShack, neither of us were charged upgraded fees. (there was a charge on the bill, but directly below it, it was credited back). Never had upgraded fees with Sprint in over 10 yrs of service. Try doing it with the Sprint online chat... should only take 10 minutes, or so.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones