• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint 2.1 getting very close

I couldn't care less at this point. I am going to stay rooted till root is done on the official release. I have a feeling this will be the last update the hero sees.

Yes, even Best Buy news site (internal) has some credibility problems with their own employees :D --- but it is not their fault. On my last visit to the Geek Squad HQ at my local BB, they were a bit miffed since customers are using them as a punching bag....

The check is in the mail.....still protecting my warranty but not much longer. Given the life cycle of the typical cell phone at 18 months (initial design to phase out) I agree that 2.1 will most likely be the last ROM from Sprint/HTC for the Hero. But that is OK.

Cheers --- :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
SCREW sprint!!! Too little, too late... I am not holding my breath anymore. I am very happy with the RUU leak and market fix. (Thanks Android Forums!) I have more hope for a newer Leak than anything official. I have a little dialer lag, but other than that things are great. Looking forward to the EVO and lov'in my Hero. Ya, I know sprint is still within their release date, but come on guys! This is ridiculous. A premier phone like the Hero and you treat it like crap. Epic Fail on sprints part.

Upvote 0
sir, can you help me on how to root my phone step by step?? if is not a problem sir???

Howdy -- well, just go to the ALL THINGS ROOT section of the forum.

Lots of instructions, FAQs, and other great information --

That is what I am up to -- downloading files and studying for a root.

Good Luck -- it will be fun to really get into the Hero.

:D

Reactions: dominicanyor
Upvote 0
Seriously, anyone wanting a good 2.1 will be disappointed with the final release. The leak proves that the 2.1 will be stripped down a lot since HTC says our Hero can't handle the new stuff in the newer phones. It's a shame the devs at xda have already proved them wrong. Waiting for Sprint to release it is a joke. If you want 2.1 just root and get a custom ROM. The only good thing about the final coming out is that the kernel and some other parts will be more complete and will give the guys at xda more stuff to work with to take care of the bugs that are out there.

Reactions: dominicanyor
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones