• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Discount Through Referral Program Recently?

badankles

Android Expert
Jul 19, 2010
USA
I am currently getting a 25% discount on the Sprint Family Plan. It used to be pretty good, but they have changed it to now the 25% is only applied once to the initial plan price $110, subsequent lines and services receive no discounts.

Well, better than nothing, obviously. But, a Sprint employee sent me an invitation for their internal Everything Plus plan (used to be SERO?) where the share plan with 1,600 minutes unlimited data and all at $109.99. That doesn't look good at all.

What's the deal? Am I missing something? Are there discounts I am not seeing, such as for subsequent lines and services? I'll need 3 additional lines.

Anyone currently using this Everything Plus plan with multiple lines?

We do the Everything Data plan with company discount. Discount only applies to primary line service. You're not missing anything. It's spelled out in the plan details and in the fine print of the ads.

Just about everything with Sprint has gone up in cost. TEP and other features and services are also no longer discount-eligible. Sure, it's "unlimited," but you have to work harder to make it the no-brainer, no-effort value it once was.

I'm hoping TMo survives and provides the real shakeup with no-subsidy phones with just very competitive plan prices. That would get Sprint's attention far more than the other carriers. I came very close to not re-upping with Sprint because it's no longer the clear value + service leader. Was willing to live with some service and network foibles for a fair deal (like a scratch and dent), but I won't be doing that next time or IF I re-up contractually with any carrier.

Upvote 0
We do the Everything Data plan with company discount. Discount only applies to primary line service. You're not missing anything. It's spelled out in the plan details and in the fine print of the ads.

Thanks for the response, but just so I am clear. When you said, "We do the Everything Data plan with company discount." You are talking about the Sprint employee Everything Plus share plan with Data, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones