• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint employees should come visit this site

The emplpoyees at my local sprint store where I got my phone are very nice and mean well but they don't understand their newest phones yet.

A service tech there told me I will never get more than 4 hours battery life out of a charge on my EVO, "it just won't happen" he said.

Then today, an employee told my wife (she was picking up her Epic) that "your husband is wrong if he says he can't drag the pre-loaded apps like Nascar down and remove them on his EVO." My wife promptly called me while standing in front of the employee and I told her to try that right now on a phone she had and she tried and said " I'll be darn! You are right"

They need to read these forums at night. :D

No surprize that sales people don't know all that much about what the sell, not just the evo. And I think he ment remove the Sprint apps from your home screen, not from the phone.

Ps. Some Sprint employees do come here, that's how I ordered my htc car dock.

Do you expect Sprint employees to go to a forum for every model phone they sell?

Upvote 0
Regarding Nascar, I imagine somebody told them they could remove the app by dragging, as in taking it off the home screen, and the rep thought it meant uninstall.

I've had good experiences, but I have a friend who got his Evo loaded with useless apps because the rep said they were necessary (which they may have been on 1.5)

Upvote 0
It's no big deal really. I just wanted to make others aware (like i did my wife) to double check the info you get from your sales or even the service techs. By the way, I told her I wasnt referring to the home screen and she responded that she knew I meant app screen. But, like I side no biggie. These new smart phones have so much new technology that they can never know It all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones