• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hero keeps opening programs....

WhiteBrow24

Oct 21, 2009
I have taskiller and it seems that I have to always close programs and they wont stay off. Is there a better program out there that I can get to pick and choose what starts up when I turn the phone on?

My main issue with this is my camera. I have to turn off almost all of my programs in order to use my camera smoothly other wise its all choppy and sucks!!

Thanks

Matt

hi matt

im pretty new to the htc hero and mines a euro spec one not a sprint one..

but.. i was having the same issues..not with the camera as such but constantly finding apps open that i hadnt opened, every time i looked in taskiller.

one thread on here sugested using autostarts (its in the market ) but i found out it only works on rooted phones..

so i did a bit of searching and found ,,,,, startup auditor ...(allso in market) it a pay app but dirt cheap and it works on unrooted phones..

ive only had it installed for 12 hours but so far so good.. it seems to do whats required of it..

options to eather stop apps opening at reboot plus second option to keep the app closed if it tries to open.

hope this helps

Upvote 0
seems to but ive been selecting apps a few at a time.. from the list and seeing how it goes (problems ect) then killing a few more and a few more.. battery was at 75% when i got back from work.. thats an 8 hour shift plus 2 hours before i left for work.. with lightish use..

note..

every time u select an app to kill it tells you what other apps and services it may affect..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones