• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sprint navigation update

Here is the Premium APK that I got from Sprint. For the life of me I can't get it to work on my phone. It will work the first time on my phone, but after that, just a blank screen and force close. Hopefully it works for everyone else.

SN28-1029-tn-signed.apk

snap20100220_094152.png

snap20100220_094204.png

Upvote 0
Mike, thanks for posting. I downloaded it and tried and did not get premium. The file name is also the same as the one I downloaded originally, so I am not sure what is going on. Ironically, I have no problmes running it. Maybe your issues come from having gotten premium once, and installing the regular version over it?

Cad

Upvote 0
Mike, thanks for posting. I downloaded it and tried and did not get premium. The file name is also the same as the one I downloaded originally, so I am not sure what is going on. Ironically, I have no problmes running it. Maybe your issues come from having gotten premium once, and installing the regular version over it?

Cad

When I uninstall it and reopen Sprint Nav, it's just the regular version. I'm just gonna use the pre kitchen and wipe it out entirely and use Google Maps. I've got a GPS for my car anyway.

Upvote 0
Okay, here is what I did and I think i got it working right. Before when I went to upgrade Nav, it said that it didn't recognize my phone and I had to pick from a list of devices to get the APK. After downloading the right one, it would work the first time and then if I tried to open the app again, all I would get was a blank screen.

I went into Applications and scrolled down to Sprint Navigation and clicked on it. Then clicked on uninstall. After that I powered down the phone and booted into recovery. From there wipe/factory reset, then reboot. When I got done re-syncing with my gmail account, I opened Sprint Nav. When asked if I wanted to upgrade, I clicked on upgrade, and wasn't told that my device wasn't recognized (woohoo). When it finished downloading the APK, I clicked on it to install the update. Then exit out and reboot the phone.

Since then, it's been working fine and it still says V2.8 Premium.

Hopefully this helps with anyone who was having the same problem that I was.

Upvote 0
Okay, here is what I did and I think i got it working right. Before when I went to upgrade Nav, it said that it didn't recognize my phone and I had to pick from a list of devices to get the APK. After downloading the right one, it would work the first time and then if I tried to open the app again, all I would get was a blank screen.

I went into Applications and scrolled down to Sprint Navigation and clicked on it. Then clicked on uninstall. After that I powered down the phone and booted into recovery. From there wipe/factory reset, then reboot. When I got done re-syncing with my gmail account, I opened Sprint Nav. When asked if I wanted to upgrade, I clicked on upgrade, and wasn't told that my device wasn't recognized (woohoo). When it finished downloading the APK, I clicked on it to install the update. Then exit out and reboot the phone.

Since then, it's been working fine and it still says V2.8 Premium.

Hopefully this helps with anyone who was having the same problem that I was.

From everything I have read, if it didn't recoginize your device you got the normal version, if it recognized it, you got premium. FWIW, I am not rooted, and it did not recognize it.

Also, when it did recognize your phone, was it the same apk file you got the first time?

Cad

Upvote 0
From everything I have read, if it didn't recoginize your device you got the normal version, if it recognized it, you got premium. FWIW, I am not rooted, and it did not recognize it.

Well, when I updated it, my phone was NOT recognized, and I got the Premium verison. And it works. My phone is NOT rooted.

(I see that Mike has uploaded the file, I am not feeling well right now, and it would not be easy for me this weekend. Thanks Mike!)

Upvote 0

Also, when it did recognize your phone, was it the same apk file you got the first time?

Cad

Yes, when it didn't recognize my phone, I got the Premium version. The screenshots are from then. Now that it recognized my phone, it's still the same version, and now it works. It seems that wiping and then installing and rebooting after that did the trick.

Upvote 0
Fresh 1.1

I'm having even more problems now. I was browsing through my apps and noticed that Wireless tethering and spare parts were missing. Anyone else running Fresh notice that? I just ran the RUU on my phone to bring it back to stock and tried launching Sprint Nav and it said that it was unavailable. Maybe there is a problem on Sprints side? Oh well, I'm just gonna reroot and use Google maps from now on.

Upvote 0
Since I updated, it seems like my phone has run a bit more laggy and less efficient (especially battery wise) then before the update.

If I uninstall too see if this fixes these problems, will I be able to reinstall the new version? Will it give me an update prompt every time I load Sprint Nav.?

^^ Anybody?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones