• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Need advice on Sprints 30 day policy.

SyberianPuppy

Jan 21, 2011
Well, my Evo is dead.

I'm very upset. I loved it, I always had it on my side, I had so many apps and probably used it 2-3 hours per day. Tonight, I went to make a call and couldn't find it. Suddenly I heard that washer going into spin cycle and realize I likely never took it out of my pocket. I opened the lid and found my shorts, and to my horror my Evo was inside, the screen filled with water.

I took it apart to dry, but I have no expectations at all. It was completely submerged for like 2 hours. I was 89 days from a full upgrade, but apparently sprint has a buyout program, pay $25 and they move your upgrade up to now, which the guy was nice enough to waive after I explained the situation.

Anyway - I thought I would just go ahead and upgrade to the EVO 3d, and this is where I need advice. Doing some research led me to the Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Within), and it's getting rave reviews. It looks beautiful, and I think I'd prefer it over the EVO 3d. However I can't go without a phone until then (looking like late July release?)...sooo..

Can I purchase the Evo 3D, try it out, and if the Within comes out and I like it better, take the EVO 3d back under Sprint's 30 day guarantee and buy the Within? I know there's a restocking fee of $35, but I see it as a rental fee for allowing me to use a good phone for 30 days waiting for the Within. Anyone see any problem with this plan?

If the Sprint version has passed the FCC, they've been very quiet about it. I wouldn't count on the Within being released on July 24th. And conceivably not in August.

I was more intrigued by the Within than by the EVO 3D, but chose to buy the 3D during the early release because I was worried about a delay in releasing the Samsung phone. So far, looking like a good choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones