• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Rooted HTC One Won't save settings

roffo41

Lurker
Dec 16, 2013
Hi I'm fairly new to rooting. I rooted my HTC one on sprint running 4.3 and every time I have to reboot the phone nothing is saved. All thebloatware I deleted is back. A sprint default configuration loading screen appears that redownloads all the bloatware and I even changed the bootup animation and that didn't even play at reboot when I completely moved all the stock bootup files. Someone please help it's driving me crazy!

Hi I'm fairly new to rooting. I rooted my HTC one on sprint running 4.3 and every time I have to reboot the phone nothing is saved. All thebloatware I deleted is back. A sprint default configuration loading screen appears that redownloads all the bloatware and I even changed the bootup animation and that didn't even play at reboot when I completely moved all the stock bootup files. Someone please help it's driving me crazy!

sounds like youre still runing the stock kernel,and are s on. in this state,the kernel is protecting what you can change in /system

solutions are to become s off,to install a custom kernel with the wp disabled,or to flash a custom rom(wich should include an insecure kernel)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones