• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Sprint Bloatware

Hi, longtime apple user. 1st time android user. So I got an HTC One from sprint. And I LOVE it! Only thing I hate is the bloatware. So what do I do? I rooted and installed titanium back and removed it all! Was super stoked, until I had to reboot today. And alllllllll that crap got pushed back to me.

So my question is... is there anyway around this?
Or...
is there a ROM I can use that would basically keep my phone the same but remove the crapware? Like the ROM for the international version?

Thx in advance.

a bit more info,the stock kernel is what keeps you from permantly writing to /system from the booted OS. search xda for a custom kernel that will add the ability to write to system,and it will also give you other features and benefits,depending on the mods to it.

i have also seen instructions to mod the stock kernel to remove the write protection that casuses all your bloat to come back.

as mentioned above,a stock based custom rom is a good option as well,since it will have a modified kernel :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones