• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Square credit card reader - Marquee and boost.

Does anyone have the square card reader working on the marquee and boost? I can't seem to get it to work. The phone recognizes it but when I swipe nothing happens.
Thanks

Hello Mako.

My job is for the most part to lend assistance as best I can with the member's stated issue. But this time please allow me to offer a recent review of the reader you're attempting to set up correctly:

Square Review & Complaints

I apologize for not addressing the issue of how to get it to work properly, other users here will likely do that for you, but I just thought you might want to consider an alternative after reading that. There are a few positive reviews out there, but this one seems to hone in on important aspects.

Reactions: Mako 230
Upvote 0
Nevermind it turned out to be a bad card reader. Borrowed 1 from a friend and it worked perfect the first time. Also want to say thanks to Frisco. We're going to give intuit a try

Hopefully you don't have any problem with the company directly. I read the article and there are some horror stories in it. There are quite a few cases where thousands of dollars are being withheld from people.

It's a great idea and a piece of hardware that will come in handy for many people. Hopefully the company can get their act together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones