• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Android 4.0.3 ICS for Fusion 2

can u be more specific, is this is in CWM or in the user settings?

I believe the statement about the build prop was for the OP.

I dragged the clockworkmod folder directly to the SD card, and had no issue restoring the backup. (I had already flashed the ICS Baseband)

Are you still having issues with the backup?

Upvote 0
It's working, i pulled the files manually and it worked, thanks. Btw i think my 3G is is still stuck on 2G, is that the norm for this ROM?

Flashing the ics baseband messes with the 3g. That is a partial fix and, as of yet, there is not a full fix. Switching to another ROM, or stock, will not fix it.

I wish the op would update the post, and make that a bit more clear.

Upvote 0
****Worked out the bugs, here is the Overclock Kernel.

Overclock Kernel for this ICS ROM

**This only works for this ROM, so if you use it for another, and you get stuck in a boot loop, that's not my fault.

You will need a program that allows you to adjust the CPU speed, I use SetCPU.

Do not go over 1152, 1190 makes the phone freeze instantly.

--If you did take it over 1152, pull the battery out for 5 seconds, and when the phone reboots, open SetCPU before its loaded into memory, and adjust the CPU speed down. You don't need to factory reset.

**I've included the Stock Kernel, so you can restore it if need be.

Instructions:

1. Download this file HERE.

2. Put your phone into Fastboot.
-Power down your phone, then hold the Power & Volume Down buttons for approximately 10 seconds.

3. Unzip the folder to anywhere.

4. Select the "RUN ME" that suits your needs.
-One is for OC Kernel install, and the other is Stock Kernel

Linux/Mac users:

-- To install Overclock Kernel:
fastboot flash boot oc_kernel_install.img

-- To restore Stock Kernel:
fastboot flash boot Stock_kernel_restore.img

I will probably upload a backup with it already overclocked later tonight.

Don't forget to click the "Thanks!" button if this has brought a pinch of joy to your day.

It's here: |
|
|
V​

Reactions: Radiance
Upvote 0
Well i've tried both the STOCK ICS rip here, CM7, and cyanogenmod 10. Hands down stock ICS. IT seems to run a bit smoother than CM7 (ask me again in a few days after it's app heavy ;) loving the bluetooth working over CM7, loving the camera working over CM10. I'm sold on this distro until there's a camera fix for CM10. Xbox smart glass works ;) Kids love it. Many thanks guys n gals!

Upvote 0
I gotta agree, the stock GB ROM at times it was very frustrating because there were so many bugs with the sensitivity of the touch screen (selecting the wrong icons on desktop, typing words on stock keyboard was a challenge at times). I like the CM 7.2 upgrade there were alot of features i liked on there, but the random reboots still prevented that from being a everyday ROM. This ICS ROM is definitely pieced together alot better, we'll see in a week if my phone rebooted for no reason. Otherwise great job Brumore! and thanks to other forum regulars for the other ROMs.
btw Is there going to be a stock JB ROM?
(just curious)

Upvote 0
Hello,

I followed the steps as outlined here, but rebooted too soon, after I installed baseband but before I installed 3G-Modem and the Backup files. CWM 6 booted once for baseband installation, but no more.

Now, either vol + or - and power, stuck at ATT screen, computer doesn't detect USB. Pink screen loads Huawei modem drivers, but neither ADB nor fastboot see the phone.

Must I say farewell to my Fusion 2?

Regards

Upvote 0
Hello,

I followed the steps as outlined here, but rebooted too soon, after I installed baseband but before I installed 3G-Modem and the Backup files. CWM 6 booted once for baseband installation, but no more.

Now, either vol + or - and power, stuck at ATT screen, computer doesn't detect USB. Pink screen loads Huawei modem drivers, but neither ADB nor fastboot see the phone.

Must I say farewell to my Fusion 2?

Regards

It seems you need to unbrick your phone, it is a last resort, but the method has been successful twice now.

As long as you can access the Pink Screen your phone is still salvageable... I will PM you with the information you require.

Upvote 0
Good post. It should be a bit more clear that step 6:

Is only a partial fix, and does NOT restore 3G completely; Unless you've found a total fix?

Thanks for the post.

I believe there is a 3G fix for this mod (downloading then installing the ROM now) here's the link to the file you'll need: https://mega.co.nz/#!OUk3VJiC!X3FRcDx3SErn5meVHrKpQmwiVklyWE3hv7mclSW0SEw

and here's the link to the guide: androidbeing.com/q/full-3g-fix-after-ics-baseband-for-the-fusion-2.html

good luck. I will try after installing the ROM (download is painfully slow.)
img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

Upvote 0
I tried this one also and got it to load ok and got bluetooth but I still could not get data to work. The only thing I didn't do was the baseband because I'm already on ics baseband. I'd really like to get the stockplus-oc or the supremeUI working.

it worked perfectly for me. :)
img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones