Stock Media Player Problem!

Last Updated:

1. Roman G.

Roman G. No-Posting Probation This Topic's Starter

Anybody else run in to this!
    Your at the gym listening to some Crue, Iron Maiden or some Hagar and all of a sudden the next song comes on and it's a f'ing ring tone, WTF is that doing playing!
    They all play, the ones I made and the ones I got from Mabilio ringtones!
    Anybody know how to fix this, it's just stupid!

Roman

Advertisement
  2. lv2bll

lv2bll Well-Known Member

im sorry i dont know, i use mixzing(free, and doesnt stay on your lockscreen) and you can choose the folders to take music from

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

make sure you don't have ringtones in your "Music" folder.

4. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

ummm yea and make a playlist folder and only put the songs you want to play in there.

5. Roman G.

I have a music folder already set up, but the stock music player scans the card for MP3's and just plays them all, does not matter where they are!
    It's really stupid!

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Use mixzing, its better than teh default app and you can tell it exactly what folders to use for music.

7. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

I am using the stock music player (was using TuneWiki but I hate the way it handles compilations) and I handle this by creating playlists, playing whole albums, and so on. I just never shuffle all and everything is groovy. While it may not be the best app out there the stock player is more than enough for my needs even with the annoyance of ringtones and other MP3's showing up.

8. Roman G.

I just download the mixzing software and it seems to be working good, I just got tired of hearing the ringtones! It also pulls album art as well, which I like.
    The only problem is a majority of my music is from the napster days when we did not know it was important to tag our music properly.
    If you happen to know of some software that would go through a tag my music, I would be greatly appreciative of that!

Thanks

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

hahaha, I am really losing my memory lately(can't remember app name), but there was a thread here that had the info you are looking for, there are MP3 TAG programs and for album art as well... Worst case you could use Shazam to identify the song & artist, lol and go from there... haha, sorry, not tto helpful but I just thought to mention it. Try searching here, you'll find it.

10. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Odd, my stock music player only plays what's in the Music folder. There's no ringtones in the list. I remember there used to be, but they're not there now...