• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in HBoot screen, and can't get out! Please help

tstinghen

Lurker
Jul 22, 2012
I let my HTC Inspire die over the weekend while camping. When I turned it back on, my phone was on the HBoot screen, which reads:

ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT - 0.85.0024
MICROP - 0438
RADIO - 26.10.04.03_M
eMMC - boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45

I also occasionally get a very quick flash of a green message saying something about Sim Card No Image, but it goes away too fast to read it completely.

My volume buttons are... finicky, but I have managed to select RECOVERY, which showed a phone and red triangle/exclamation point symbol, and FACTORY RESET, which then showed a phone and a green arrow in a box, with a status bar. However, when my screen goes to sleep and I press the power button to wake it up, it has gone back to the HBOOT menu.

I have taken my SIM card out, and put it in an old phone, so that I can make calls, for now. So currently there is no card in the Inspire, but the SIM card seems to work fine.

The trouble with looking at other people's forum posts about this issue is that my phone isn't rooted. I have no problem with doing that, if that is the way to solve the problem, but I've never felt like I had much reason to before, and I don't know how!

Please let me know if you have any idea what to try! I don't know what other information to provide that would be helpful.
Thank you for your help!

I am having this same issue. Would be greatly appreciated if someone out there knew how to fix this issue.

my screen reads
---------------------

***LOCKED***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.17.14.11_M
eMMC-boot
Feb 20 2012, 16:03:18

I let my phone battery discharge over night and upon waking in the morning the phone which should have been dead beeped and the hboot screen was displayed. after pulling the battery a few times, nothing worked, volume buttons don't work for nav neither does power for selection of an option. I have never tried to root this phone either, though I was planning on it, I never got around to starting it. This just kinda of happened all of a sudden.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones