• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck on hydro screen

blu422

Apr 13, 2013
So I'm not sure what happened. I showered while listening to music with it so it might have gotten water damage but after I got out of the shower to plug it in, when I came back I saw the led on to indicate it was done charging but it stayed that way even when unplugged and the device wouldnt respond. so i did a battery pull and i noticed it was a little moist in there like it shouldn't be. It only boots to the boost hydro screen. help?

The longer you leave the device in a bag of dry rice (or some other suitable desiccant), the more moisture will be removed.

It's not just the water that damages a device but the impurities contained in it that are left as a residue after the water has been removed. Those impurities can cause issues (shorts, etc.) that may crop up later on, unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones