• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck syncing...anyone else have this happen?

Gink

Feb 14, 2010
Bronco Nation
Anyone else running K-9 email? For the past two mornings my email has started to sync at about 8:30am and the sync notification gets stuck in the notification bar until I reboot the phone. I have sync set to every hour but this only happens in the morning so far. It's killing my battery. Anyone else seen this?

We're seeing reports of sync loops in apps from Facebook to gmail to K-9 and on, severely impacting battery life and system resources in some cases.

The remedy, beyond what you've been doing with the forced power down, is to go into the rogue app and clear cache and data (you'll have to re-configure): menu > settings > applications > applications management.

Some users even uninstall the app(s) and reinstall.

For what it's worth, having apps configured to update or sync manually on demand seems prudent if you've seen these loops in one or more apps. It gives you more control and negates the possibility of this issue recurring.

Reactions: Gink
Upvote 0
I installed the newest version of K9 from their website. The sync loop happened again. What a pain! I am in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling and I'll test it again.

Any long-term fix in the works for this issue since it's happening with multiple apps?

ETA: I couldn't find anyway to cancel the sync once it has started except by rebooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones