• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Superpad III problems

famonaco

Dec 20, 2011
hi guys , i bought a superpad III but i'm sure that is a bad clone , my info are :
hardware:imapx200
device:mercury
processor:armv6-compatible processore rev5(v6l)
screen:x600

now the settings info :
model number:android tab10
android version: v2.3 2011-09-19(001112)
kernel:2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop#79
build number: FRF85B

what about it???rom update? something?
ps: the screen will be capacitive or resistitive????

thx in advance

if it wasn't for the fact that one of the hybrid roms allows access to NTFS partitions I'd stick with the base OS/firmware they gave me. After the holidays I might attempt the USB-USB flash, unless I discover something before then Last thing I want for christmas is a paperweight :) btw, famonaco see if your recovery mode works. Power on, then press Home + Back, let go and hit it again when the timer starts counting down. Looks like the recovery starts to kick in for me then fails locating the zSYS file. Didn't seem to damage anything, I had hit the reset to power it off, then just powered on to normal boot up....oh just curious...did you buy from Odem too?

Upvote 0
I've been comparing system specs with a friend over seas who got one earlier this year. It's identical externally. Same number of USB, microSD, same resolution x600 and same HW Imapx200. The difference is his Model says WWE10 where ours says mercury. ..outside the software pre-loaded it so far seems like identical specs. His was advertised as a Superpad II, Flytouch 3. Came in the same box as ours. White box, with Superpad III on the side.

Upvote 0
mercury superpad III ia poor quality Superpad 3. If seller said it was a Flytouch 3, then it is a confirmed Flytouch 3 clone.

This is why the OP's thread does not read "Flytouch 3" but Superpad 3

prove it is of poorer quality. If you cannot then refrain from speaking on a subject that you can only spout a distributors propaganda. Why not say it was built by a factory using child slave labor, like the fake story apad put out earlier this summer?

Upvote 0
I must have been extremely lucky, got one of the mercury devices in question and it works like a dream. Rooted it and installed a few apps to access uk markets changed location to UK and so far it works just fine.

Comparing it against my daughters Ipads it is good value for money and as I said it is proving extremely reliable at the moment, however I realise that is only my experience of the tablet and others may differ.

Upvote 0
I must have been extremely lucky, got one of the mercury devices in question and it works like a dream. Rooted it and installed a few apps to access uk markets changed location to UK and so far it works just fine.

Comparing it against my daughters Ipads it is good value for money and as I said it is proving extremely reliable at the moment, however I realise that is only my experience of the tablet and others may differ.

Glad you are happy with your tablet. There is quite a lot of activity around this model HERE. You might want to keep 'up to date' ;-)

Reactions: RHORY
Upvote 0
Hello
I encountered similar to all your statements within this con flab, however I discovered Upon power up I Continue tapping home button on top finding that the system continues into a loop thus giving me access to the desktop enabling me to configure manually the system folders also accessing the SD card with any software that i may wish to install / uninstall.

This does not influence my tablet but I still as you & your Friend Still Find zSYS.img NOT to Recover As The System is Poorly Designed To Function.

Wish you both the very best fortune finding the answers you need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones