• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sure is lonely here...

Created an account just to ask this. So, if anyone would be so kind and test this for me. It would be much appreciated. I want to upgrade my phone to the Relay, but I need to be able to use wifi tethering. Has anyone been able to use wifi tethering and is it stable. I saw posts previously stating that it isn't stable. Can anyone else confirm please.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Coming from g2 and I can say this phones one issue is becoming a deal breaker for me. The "caller hears echo while plugged into car aux." I've been reading all over and the only *fix is to buy a bluetooth dock or buy a program, sound a b o u t, that may or may not work. Screw that.

I rooted the phone in hopes of using the sound lib files that a guy posted, can't post links but google ics echo fix and you'll find the forum post @ xda.The only way they claim to be able to use them is with cm recovery which our phones don't support.

My question is, can I just replace my files with the ones provided? The files are for an s2 that has a custom flash but its still just linux under the hood.

I'm on the road all the time and the fact that I have to unplug my phone from aux just to take a call so I can hear the caller AND not have them hear an echo really defeats the purpose of hands free.

E-high five for the first answer that fixes my/our? problem.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Coming from g2 and I can say this phones one issue is becoming a deal breaker for me. The "caller hears echo while plugged into car aux." I've been reading all over and the only *fix is to buy a bluetooth dock or buy a program, sound a b o u t, that may or may not work. Screw that.

I rooted the phone in hopes of using the sound lib files that a guy posted, can't post links but google ics echo fix and you'll find the forum post @ xda.The only way they claim to be able to use them is with cm recovery which our phones don't support.

My question is, can I just replace my files with the ones provided? The files are for an s2 that has a custom flash but its still just linux under the hood.

I'm on the road all the time and the fact that I have to unplug my phone from aux just to take a call so I can hear the caller AND not have them hear an echo really defeats the purpose of hands free.

E-high five for the first answer that fixes my/our? problem.

The reason theres an echo is because your car speakers are acting as a microphone and making sounds at the same time. So youre playing back what youre hearing. Seriously, you can plug your headphones into the microphone port of your computer and record through there. Try it out.

Upvote 0
Hello all i have not rooted my phone (relay4g) and don't plan on it but i am having a problem with the file sharing. When i go into settings and try to hit nearby devices it is disabled meaning i cannot check the share files button or change any settings in that screen. Is t-mobile blocking this feature or is my phone just messed up would appreciate any help thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones