• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Swype Beta

mlclm

Sep 25, 2010
I finally got around to activating my beta invitation and installed the beta on my phone. I'm running Fission 2.4.3 and don't have Swype installed, but all the beta does is FC. The version that comes pre-installed on the DX works fine on Fission, but this doesn't. Has anyone successfully installed the beta on this phone on any ROMs?

I ended up totally screwing up my Swype app on Apex. I tried to backup the app using Titanium Backup but somehow failed miserably, used Titanium to remove it and now, the beta FC's all the time and I've lost the original. I didn't find these instructions in time. Any thoughts on how to restore other than completely reinstalling Apex ROM?

Upvote 0
Do you still have the swype installer? Try removing the swype input method apk in /data/app and starting again through the installer.

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much...this worked perfectly. :) At first it was still fc'ing but I also clicked on the installer and it asked me if I wanted to reinstall it went with it...it reinstalled the swype installer which in turn, finally reinstalled the beta from scratch and I'm using it now with no more force closing! Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones