• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just went to the Swype forums, an saw this post: Still having issues? Troubleshooting Tips from the Swype Team - so I decided to give it another shot, since this is a new message since I last went to the forums.

The latest version that got installed is 1.25.16.5652.t100

The error message regarding
"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device"
is no longer happening.

Kudos, Swype!

Reactions: -=Jeff=-
Upvote 0
Well they have closed the official beta release. Of course the creeps are perfectly happy to take your info before telling you this. Damn...

The reason they are taking your info is that if they open the Beta back up then those that have already tried to sign up will probably get first dibs. Calling them creeps, however, is rather low, considering you're now on a nice waiting list.

well the more that try the more that Swype will see from a demand aspect

They already knew the demand was there b/c they have released it with T-Mobile, and are looking to expand their market.

I'd rather see them just release it as a Market app, but I bet even money that they'll charge like $10 for it....

Upvote 0
So now that they disabled the swype feature, how do I get it back? I can't pay for it? I can't download a different beta?

wtf? If there is no way to continue using swype and I uninstall it I will no way install it again for $. That's a terrible buisness model.

You can/should be able to get swype back if you still have the beta installed. Just make sure both swype and stock keyboard are enabled in setting>keyboard. In any program tap and hold till you get the input menu. Pick stock keyboard. Then do it again and pick swype, now swype should work again.
Hope that helps.
J.

Upvote 0
Downloaded, installed, when I open it, it says it's not licensed and to fix "press disable swype" 1. uncheck the box next to swype and this is where i get hung up, when i hit disable, it goes to a screen where it allows me to select language, and text settings, but I do not see a box to uncheck swype? Something I am missing?

Upvote 0
Downloaded, installed, when I open it, it says it's not licensed and to fix "press disable swype" 1. uncheck the box next to swype and this is where i get hung up, when i hit disable, it goes to a screen where it allows me to select language, and text settings, but I do not see a box to uncheck swype? Something I am missing?

If all else fails you should be able to go to your language and keyboard settings and uncheck swype that way then go back to the installer to get the license.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones