Swype Keyboard for Behold 2

1. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

Swype is a pretty cool keyboard and it seems to work on the Behold 2 with the new updated file.
    Just go on google and search "Swype for HVGA Devices - *updated*"

Download the APK and transfer it to the SDCARD.
    Install it via Astro File Manager.
    Go into Settings >> Locale and Text and check off Swype.
    if you are using TWlauncher (Settings>>Language and Keypad and check off Swype)
    Also make sure to disable Audio Settings for the Swype keyboard so it doesn't Force Close.
    Then open up somewhere to type, LONG PRESS, choose input method and pick Swype.
    And then enjoy the cool new keyboard.

Thanks to BUGDOG Below, you can now become part of the Swype Beta
    http://beta.swype.com/
    That is version 1.25.16.5625.t100 which seems to be the latest version. This version installed is approximately 4.33MB! Enjoy!

Advertisement
    :
    517tiberius2011 and Calisto1224 like this.
  2. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Can you post what version you are using (its the last entry in the settings page)?

I have 0.35.3959 right now, so not sure if your's is an update for me.

Great tip on the sound!
  3. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Wow--thanks so much for this. I just downloaded it and installed it exactly as you said, and I can't even tell you how much ass it kicks. I had been using better keyboard, and it's fine, good for what it is. But I'm a pretty big guy with thick fingers, and this tiny screen, even in landscape mode, was kinda killing me. I tried shapewriter, but it was more trouble than it was worth. Swype's text prediction is incredibly accurate, and at my first try, I had no problem writing out a long email in portrait mode which would have been excruciating otherwise. This is just huge for the usability of this phone :D
  4. Mastermind278

This is version 0.35.3959.
  5. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Help me out here I downloaded and installed swype and when I did the long press to switch the input method I clicked swype but then it said "the Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of this device"
  6. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

No idea; you're using a Behold 2? I followed Mastermind's instructions and it worked perfectly. Hope you get that fixed!
  7. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah a behold 2, Oh figured it out downloaded the wrong version now it works perfectly.
  8. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. I think it's GENIUS.
  9. Mastermind278

Search on google and download the package from the site you get the search. If you get one of the other swype it will say that as the resolution is for the Nexus One/Droid.
    It should be named signed-swypebeta.apk
  10. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Thanks.
  11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yeah its insanely accurate. This is some amazing stuff.
  12. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I thought swype was a gimmick at first but it is really accurate. I still like the mundane process of actually pressing buttons though so I don't know if I'll fully convert over to a swype user
  13. sewred

sewred Active Member

its cool, but i'm having trouble trying to do caps :eek:
  14. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Have you gone through the tutorial? Very useful--caps and double letters I would never have figured out on my own.
  15. sewred

sewred Active Member

yes i did; i can work everything but the caps. i guess i just have to keep practicing. :p
  16. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

For caps, once your finger moves above the keys it takes a split second to go to the capital letter--if you watch, you'll see the keyboard change to caps. If you go too fast, it won't register as a capital. So it takes a little practice, but you get used to just a slight hesitation at the top to get the cap letter. Hope it works for you; I love it!
  17. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

18. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

This is cool I wish I had a stylus instead of fat fingers
  19. Mastermind278

**UPDATE** I cannot edit my original post but now there is a newer version of the Swype Keyboard. The updated version seems to work even better. The version is 1.16.12.5228.219.

To find it you can try using google and searching for "Swype-SwypeReference-HVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.219.apk"

If you have an older version already installed make sure to uninstall before trying to install the new version, or else you get an error while installing!
    Use the instructions in the first post to install.
  20. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the difference was?
  21. Mastermind278

Now there is Auto-Cap after a punctuation point. It also seems a bit more responsive. Being a later version of the program one would also expect it to be more stable (though it was stable with the old version).:D
  22. chadmd23

New Swype is a real nice update, I suggest updating if you have been using the older version.
  23. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

How new is the update? I just put Swype on for the first time 3 days ago so I assumed I had the latest.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have the latest.
  24. chadmd23

The new version seems to take up 12 megs. Not too happy about that.
  25. Mastermind278

It is because this version contains all the languages...The other one I had in the first post was only US English and Spanish (thus a lot less data). I will look into removing the extra languages to cut the size down. (Or maybe someone else wants to give it a try!!):cool: