• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Syncing Individual Facebook Conatcts?

As far as I know, there is no way to sync individual contacts.

The way I have mine setup is to sync only the contacts that are already exist in my phone. The other option looks like it will sync every contact in your fb list to your phone (it will add new contacts if they don't already exist in the phone).

That's what I thought, I was just hoping. I have a few contacts in my contacts that are also on FB, but they do not seem to be syncing.

Upvote 0
I've had to rename some of my contacts to the same name the person uses on their profile. Otherwise I'd have duplicate entries. Fb contacts can't be edited, so I had to get rid of some of the nicknames I'd used for people.

To remedy that, there is an option when you edit the contact to include a nickname. While I haven't tried it to see if it changes the displayed name, I'd assume it works for the search function.

Upvote 0
If you go to your friends list in the Facebook app and click the person's picture it will bring up a little menu. Click the android contact button. That brings up the facebook contact info. Click the menu button -> edit. If you want to add the person to your contacts, click new contact. Enter anything in here (just be over written), i usually just type a letter in the name field and save.

Alternatively, you can use the join feature instead of new to link it to a contact. Unfortunately I think this overwrites anything you had. This overwrote "Dad" with his full name.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

After you delete one of these contacts, it hides their info and you can not click there picture anymore in the facebook friends list. Trying to figure out how to fix that one.

EDIT: The join actually does not change the name in contacts. Sorry

Upvote 0
If you go to your friends list in the Facebook app and click the person's picture it will bring up a little menu. Click the android contact button. That brings up the facebook contact info. Click the menu button -> edit. If you want to add the person to your contacts, click new contact. Enter anything in here (just be over written), i usually just type a letter in the name field and save.

That worked out pretty well. A few more steps than I would like. But it seems to be the best solution for now.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones