System VolumeSupport

1. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that their "System Volume" gets increased to max by itself?

Advertisement
  2. buddy17

buddy17 Member

actually..........yes?
  3. skinien

pretty damn annoying. I haven't found what's triggering it. If anyone does, please tell. :)
  4. Loco Leeep

Loco Leeep Well-Known Member

mine does that after I've run google maps.
    I assume that some apps have the ability to change your volume settings.
    It would be nice if they put it back to where it was when you exit the program.
  5. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

Mine does it after running Google Maps. Another one of the many bugs plaguing this phone.
  6. I wonder if it does it in Google Maps in case turn-by-turn voice directions are used? Just a thought.
  7. skinien

Good point. I've tried opening maps and it hasn't affected my System Volume. I'll see what happens after using navigation.
  8. Krynn

Krynn Member

It's specifically Google Navigation. It does it for my Captivate as well as for two of my friends who have them. You have to select a destination to navigate to, and as soon as it goes into 3d mode, the system volume gets set to max.

Everyone else I know who has an Android phone is out this week, so I can't say if it's a Captivate thing, a Galaxy S thing, or an Android thing... Can anyone else see if the same thing happens on other platforms?
  9. wowser

wowser Well-Known Member

This happens to me as well on a Samsung Fascinate
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm assuming whatever u have your navigation volume at then your system volume will adjust to that
  11. slickbone

slickbone Member

I was using my htc desire hd phone and noticed that my 'clicking noises' when I make selections was so low it was barely audible despite the volume on the side indicator on the phone being max. It actually happened all of a sudden.

One suggestion that worked for me was that I downloaded the 'volume control' app (Free) from the android market. Once you download and open it you can see all the sound settings and their current corresponding volumes. I noticed that my 'System Volume' was only 30%. Once I put this on 100% the 'clicking' selection sound came back to full.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
  12. btswein

btswein Well-Known Member

After using Google Navigation, yes, my system volume increases to the highest no matter what I have the spoken directions set to. Also my notification volume goes down with no explanation either.
  13. BobP2011

BobP2011 New Member

14. Oroneill12

Oroneill12 New Member

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S.

Every time I open the navigation and go to map it adjusts volume to 100%. It does this even though I do not use audio feedback in the app.

Very frustrating when I reset my phone in a public area and it is as loud as damn 30 watt tube amp.
  15. Fluckinfone

Fluckinfone New Member

Same here and i haven't used google maps.Volume adjustment varies.